+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (American version)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (American version)

I just saw this new trailer and I am SO excited about this film!!!
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Trailer (Trailer #2) - IMDb

I thought the Swedish films were good, but I had some complaints about the way the characters were handled. This trailer for the new American version looks like exactly what I envisioned while reading the books! I'm going to try really hard not to get my hopes up because I don't want to be disappointed, but I do plan to see this one in the theater while I am on vacation over Christmas. The theater release date is 12-21-11.

Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (American version)

December?! I was hoping this would be out sooner. I loved all three Swedish films, but haven't read the books (yet) so I didn't have anything to compare to. It'll be interesting to see if they tone down certain scenes for the American audiences.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm a bit nervous about this. I loved the books - but the first book in particular, I'm nervous about how graphic some of the scenes will be (and anyone who has read the book knows what I am talking about). Given that David Fincher is directing, that doesn't do much to appease my fears! I might have to wait for this one to come out on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I'm a bit nervous about this. I loved the books - but the first book in particular, I'm nervous about how graphic some of the scenes will be (and anyone who has read the book knows what I am talking about). Given that David Fincher is directing, that doesn't do much to appease my fears! I might have to wait for this one to come out on DVD.
    I plan to see it within the first week so I'll come back and tell you how bad (or not-so-bad) it turns out to be!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I just saw the trailer today. I've only read the first book, but the movie sure looks to be close to the book in plot, characterizations, and locales.

Read a review that gave this movie an A. The main female character is supposed to be fantastic. The review even says that this version is better than the original Swedish version. Looking forward to seeing this as one of my holiday movies.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm planning to go on Friday! I CAN'T WAIT!! I'm afraid I'm getting my hopes up too high, because I really want this one to "fix" what I thought was inaccurately portrayed in the Swedish version.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I'm planning to go on Friday! I CAN'T WAIT!! I'm afraid I'm getting my hopes up too high, because I really want this one to "fix" what I thought was inaccurately portrayed in the Swedish version.
    Enjoy! I think it will be much better. Its on my holiday list

Really enjoyed this - mostly true to the book. Rooney Mara (Lisbeth Salander) was outstanding!!!! It was very graphic in keeping with the storyline, but if you've read the book you already know what's going to happen so can avert your eyes if you find it offensive to watch. It didn't dwell overly on that part. I hope they're planning to do the whole series. Christopher Plummer is always a joy.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Sorry to double-post... I just watched the Swedish version on Netflix with subtitles. Completely different take. Both movies helped me make different connections that I hadn't before. I prefer the new Salander, but that just may be my American addiction to Hollywood imagery. Speaking of imagery... if anyone can make ANY kind of sense out of the opening graphics in the new movie, I'm all ears. That was the most disturbing part of the movie for me.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast