+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lucynda
  • 1 Post By captain

Thread: Cowboys & Aliens

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Cowboys & Aliens

It's hard to review this one. Was it interesting? Yes. Was it a comedy? No. Was there some violence and a bit of swearing? Yes.

But even after having seen it and enjoying it, my brain still gets dizzy at the thought of cowboys and Indians fighting aliens in the old west. But Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford are in it and do very well with their roles. There are some very spiritual lessons which come out of it without being preachy, and there's a lot of recognition of what an unexpected event can do to change your philosophy of life.

Hubby and I both gave it thumbs up.

Re: Cowboys & Aliens

I can't believe how much time I spent watching Daniel Cragg's butt. My movie buddy later told me the same thing and we had a good laugh over it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I can't believe how much time I spent watching Daniel Cragg's butt. My movie buddy later told me the same thing and we had a good laugh over it.
    There's a whole thread on IMDB about how nice Daniels' butt looked in those chaps. I would not disagree.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, and I'm not even normally that interested in that view! Costume designer should get a prize!
    Just saw this...it has almost disappeared from local theaters, but I'd been away. A great flick. I'd call it more of a Western than a traditional science fiction if I had to classify it.. And yes, good messages, but not preachy.

Fort Member

Was so looking forward to this movie, how could I resist seeing James Bond and Han Solo wearing cowboy hats fighting aliens in a movie with the best movie name this year
    I didnt expect it to be a work of movie art, and I was afraid it was going to be corney and the reviews had not been nice
    But I really liked it and would probably watch it again just so I can check out Daniels butt as somehow I completely missed what has obviously been the best part of the film
    AZChristian likes this.

All this talk about Daniel Cragg's butt is good, BUT (pun intended) for being 69 years old, Harrison Ford still has it
    AZChristian likes this.
    There's no place like home!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    All this talk about Daniel Cragg's butt is good, BUT (pun intended) for being 69 years old, Harrison Ford still has it
    I liked the metamorphosis of his character as well.

+ Reply to Thread