+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399103/
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)
    PG_13 157 min - Action | Adventure | Sci-Fi - 28 June 2011 (USA)

The Autobots learn of a Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the Moon, and race against the Decepticons to reach it and to learn its secrets.
    Third of the Transformer films.

Initial impression: "what's with the lips".

Second impression: "what is it with those lips?"

Third impression: "Why is that girl walking up the stairs on her tip toes? Can't she walk normally?

Fourth impression: Why can't Sam talk normally, he is like the energizer Bunny on speed.

Overall I liked the film. I liked the story and the conspiracy behind it. I liked that Michael Bay slowed down all the fighting scenes with the robots so you could actually follow it. I liked that the robots were more distinct and had more colors so I could figure out which was which and follow them along in a fight.

While I felt the first half of the film was quiet good, the second half of the film suffered from Michael Bay's usual answer to all his films which is a lot of fast paced action that goes, on and on and on to the point you are screaming for a break in the action. The film is a bout 30 minutes too long. That includes much of the continuous on going action in the second half.

Answer to the third impression. The actress spent 7 months filming running in 4 in maybe 5 in high heels.

I liked that the film showed it hard for recent college grad, Sam, to find a job. It reflects the current economic situation.

I liked that the girl who replaced Megan Fox, was in charge of a classic car collection worth millions. Take that Megan Fox for being too good for this series.

I loved the salute to Star Trek and Spock/Leonard Nimoy who was the voice of Sentinal Prime. Even Sentinal Prime's face was very similar to Spock in the Mirror, Mirror episode of the original series. I also though it was a brilliant touch to use a famous Spock quote "The needs of the many... outweigh...The needs of the few. Or the one".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Fort Member

Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

So funny, Beacata, I had exactly the same thoughts about her lips and the walking on her toes
    Its the first thing I said when we got out of the cinema "What was with the walking on toes and whats up with the lips" To which my husband just looked at me and said "What?"
    All he saw were her legs
    The story was ok better than 2 and I liked it without Megan Fox, but it was way too long and I kept thinking surely the humans would trust these guys by now, why make it so hard, o thats right its a movie
    My husbands work arranged the screening with about 20 of the staff so it was free, but most of the other people in the group were lovers of transformers and they really raved about it when we came out of the cinema and totally loved it
    I just dont think Sam would ever attract a girl like that

+ Reply to Thread