+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Almighty - 05/23

Bruce Almighty - 05/23

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Bruce Nolan is a local Eyewitness News TV reporter in Buffalo, New York, best known for doing human interest stories--which makes everyone happy but him. Bruce would much rather be replacing the soon-to-retire anchorman. Essentially, Bruce is disconnected with everything in his life and rarely misses an opportunity to complain about it. He has a loving girlfriend, Grace, who runs a day care center and adores Bruce in spite of his negativity. Bruce is handed a great opportunity when he's asked to do the 23rd anniversary of Niagra Falls' famed Maid of the Mist boat, which will air live during sweeps. But the mist hits the fan when it's announced on-air--just before Bruce goes live--that the co-anchor position, about to be vacated, is going to Bruce's superficial rival. In front of millions of viewers, Bruce has an on-camera meltdown, punctuated by a four-letter word not yet cleared for network television. On this worst day of Bruce's life, he's fired from the station, beaten up by a gang of toughs, and his car is vandalized. Furious, Bruce rails and rages against the Lord for his rotten luck--which is followed by a curious set of signs, one of which leads him to an old building called Omni Presents, Inc. There, Bruce meets a janitor who reveals himself to be who he really is--God! He's heard Bruce's complaints and now has an offer for the choleric newscaster--his job. By endowing Bruce with all his powers, God challenges him to take on the job and see if he can do any better!
    Genre(s):
    Comedy
    Rating: MPAA PG-13: language, sexual content and some crude humor
    Runtime: Not available

Cast & Role

Jim Carrey -- Bruce Nolan
    Morgan Freeman -- God
    Jennifer Aniston -- Grace Connelly
    Philip Baker Hall -- Jack Keller
    Catherine Bell -- Susan Ortega
    Lisa Ann Walter -- Debbie
    Steve Carell -- Evan Baxter
    Nora Dunn -- Ally Loman
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'll definitely try to see this one, it looks like it could be fun.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm not a Jim Carrey fan usually, but this looks funny. I just hope I haven't seen all the funny stuff in the trailers already.
    Who shot who in the what now?

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I just might have to see this in the theater instead of waiting for the video release. Sounds like it might be fun.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Originally posted by greenflute98
    I'm not a Jim Carrey fan usually, but this looks funny. I just hope I haven't seen all the funny stuff in the trailers already.
    Don't you just hate it when that happens?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yes I do. It happens way too often, most recently on Anger Management. Why do they do that? Can't we have a little intrigue people??!!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Well, Anger Management probably only had 30 seconds of funny stuff, so they had no choice

This looks pretty good, the more I see the trailers. It looked kind of bad at first...

Having grown up in Buffalo (which gets basically zero movie exposure), I wanted to see this even before they were airing the commercials simply to see my hometown on the big screen. I was so relieved when I saw the trailer and it actually looked funny!

I'm not a big Jim Carrey fan either, but the things that he does well, he REALLY does well. Definitely a unique actor.

i think this will be hilarious. i'll definitely see it!

Waiting for it to screen!
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast