+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Almighty - 05/23

Which scene Hazy?

The news anchor's scene?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Fade to black
    Yep, that would be it. Had tears running down my face I was laughing so hard.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Bruce Almighty

Better than I expected and the trailers didn't show all the funny stuff. Carrey was over the top and mugging when he shouldn't have -- Robin Williams doesn't even do that -- but there were some laugh-out-loud moments.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

FORT Newbie
    I thought the movie was so funny! I definitly recommend it! Although Jim Carrey was a little weird .

OK my daughter wasn't crazy about it so I thought ....maybe I won't like it. Some friends saw it and were mixed. One friend said she cried and I was like WTF? It's a comedy.

Anyway

Saw it and LOVED IT!! (i cried too on one part)

This was really good. I also thought I wouldn't like it because it was long and I do not like the cinemas here)

So, going in with no expectations I walked out really happy that I liked it. My boyfriend wasn't crazy about it. He thought it was good.

All depends on my mood I guess.

I'd give it an A +
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

I started laughing from the start till the end. Especially the part where the he manipulated the newscaster's face. I didn't think it'd be that funny, but it was hilarious
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

FORT Fogey
    I'm glad this movie got the thumbs up from most of you, because I was about to watch it today and I wasn't sure - Jim Carrey has made some BAD movies. However, I was looking forward to this movie when I heard about it last Summer. It's such a unique concept and should be interesting. I heard that it had a good message too...

FORT Fogey
    Okay, I have to say that I just saw this movie and I absolutely loved it! I usually can't stand Jim Carrey, but this was one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a while. It was hilarious, had a good message, and was thorougly enjoyable!

I rented the movie this weekend, and watched it yesterday. It had some good parts, but I didn't enjoy it as much as some of you apparently did.

It had a good message, and Jim Carrey is Jim Carrey, but I thought it really lagged in a lot of places.

John said...
    I rented the movie this weekend, and watched it yesterday. It had some good parts, but I didn't enjoy it as much as some of you apparently did.

It had a good message, and Jim Carrey is Jim Carrey, but I thought it really lagged in a lot of places.
    I agree John. My wife and I saw it originally in the theater and rented it again last night, partially to see the deleted scenes and outtakes. We still laughed as hard ( especially at the news anchor scene) as the first time. Absolutely loved the increased time to that scene in the outakes reel.
    Reading over this thread again, I noticed that no one is mentioning Jennifer Aniston. She was okay in the theatre but in rental was bleagh. I never felt any chemistry between the two. Her only decent scene was when Bruce seduced her after getting his powers.
    Also, does anyone seeing the deleted scenes wish they had kept more of the message in. Morgan Freeman talking about painting with dark strokes was very insightful and should have been kept in. IMO
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast