+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids (2011) Movie

Synopsis: When Annie (Kristen Wiig), a simple Midwestern girl is asked to be her best friend Lillian's (Maya Rudolph) maid of honor, she struggles to please the snobby, rich bridesmaids at every pre-wedding event.
    Originally, I wasn't planning to go see this movie as it looked like a female version of The Hangover and I don't like "jackass" type movies, but I haven't seen a good comedy in a very long time and I checked out Rotten Tomatoes reviews and they gave it a 91%. Since Rotten Tomatoes gave Thor a 95% I figured I would go. At the last minute a friend of mine called wanting to go see Puss in Boots and I had to explain that that movie was not going to be released until November we decided to make it a girls night out. Well, we decided on the 7pm Friday showing and I was worried that we might not get a seat cause they were tons of women coming into the theater. Well some of them were there to see Jump the Broom but the movie house I was at opened up another theater as overflow because they had sold so many tickets for Bridesmaids. It was good, it was funny and its not just a chick flick. The next night I went to see Priest and many folks were in our theater by accident and all to see Bridesmaids.

What was really funny was that several points in the movie several folks in the audience made comments about the characters and everyone started laughing. At one point I even called the one girl a bitch (she did a really back stabby thing) but it was at a really quiet part of the film but people heard me and they all laughed. I must warn folks there is one really gross out scene that I put my hand over my eyes. Vomit and poop folks. Not good.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Bridesmaids

Hilarious. Best movie I've seen all year
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I must warn folks there is one really gross out scene that I put my hand over my eyes. Vomit and poop folks. Not good.
    That was the funniest scene!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Loved the woman on the sink,Don't look, don't look!
    Would give more examples but don't want to spoil it.

I will say don't rush out the door when it is over....after the credits start (but fairly early in them) there's one more scene involving the largest bridesmaid. I didn't stay all the way to the end, for all I know there's another then.

Also want to add, that unlike The Hangover, it's not a buddy movie, as in the bridesmaids go to Vegas and get wasted. There's a lot of stuff going on, some of it depressing...at times it seemed like two movies pasted together.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Loved the woman on the sink,Don't look, don't look!
    Would give more examples but don't want to spoil it.

I will say don't rush out the door when it is over....after the credits start (but fairly early in them) there's one more scene involving the largest bridesmaid. I didn't stay all the way to the end, for all I know there's another then.

Also want to add, that unlike The Hangover, it's not a buddy movie, as in the bridesmaids go to Vegas and get wasted. There's a lot of stuff going on, some of it depressing...at times it seemed like two movies pasted together.
    Just the one extra scene.

The actor who played Air Marshall Jon is Ben Falcone, Melissa McCarthy's actual husband.

Very funny movie, but also a little sad at times, and had me thinking about the nature of female relationships. And for the record, I thought the funniest scene was when Annie was trying to get Rhodes' attention in the car - littering, drink/driving, low riding, etc.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Loved it, me and my girlfriends were a lot thru this one!

LG.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Very funny movie, but also a little sad at times, and had me thinking about the nature of female relationships. And for the record, I thought the funniest scene was when Annie was trying to get Rhodes' attention in the car - littering, drink/driving, low riding, etc.
    I loved that scene with Annie and Rhodes too, Rattus. I loved Rhodes - I just want to go speeding around Milwaukee to try to meet him (even though they never explained why an English man is a Wisconsin state trooper, other than because he was so strong and manly they had to make him one). I also loved the ever decreasing number of gift puppies that Melissa McCarthy's character had with her. :yikes

I actually hated the wedding shop / poop and puke scene. I would have been very happy with the movie had that never been in it, as it was about 20 minutes too long for a comedy anyway. I don't think I'm the target demo for that scene though, as I'm 40.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    I loved that scene with Annie and Rhodes too, Rattus. I loved Rhodes - I just want to go speeding around Milwaukee to try to meet him (even though they never explained why an English man is a Wisconsin state trooper, other than because he was so strong and manly they had to make him one). I also loved the ever decreasing number of gift puppies that Melissa McCarthy's character had with her. :yikes

I actually hated the wedding shop / poop and puke scene. I would have been very happy with the movie had that never been in it, as it was about 20 minutes too long for a comedy anyway. I don't think I'm the target demo for that scene though, as I'm 40.
    Though he was Irish.

And yeah, the poop scene was a bit much.

Loved watching her make that one cupcake cake and decorate it. It was art.

Kao

Yeah, Chris O'Dowd is Irish.

He's hysterical (along with Richard Ayoade and Katherine Parkinson) on the series "The IT Crowd" so check that out if you get a chance.

+ Reply to Thread