+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle: LA

Battle: LA

Battle: Los Angeles (2011) Movie Review

Cast: Aaron Eckhart, Michelle Rodriguez, Bridget Moynahan, Michael Peña, Ramon Rodriguez, Will Rothhaar, Cory Hardrict, Jim Parrack, Gino Anthony Pesi, Ne-Yo
    Director: Jonathan Liebesman
    Writer: Christopher Bertolini
    Genre: Action/Adventure, SciFi/Fantasy
    Rating: PG-13
    Running Time: 116 min.
    Advisory: for sustained and intense sequences of war violence and destruction, and for language
    Synopsis:
    For years, there have been documented cases of UFO sightings around the world – Buenos Aires, Seoul, France, Germany, China. But in 2011, what were once just sightings will become a terrifying reality when Earth is attacked by unknown forces. As people everywhere watch the world's great cities fall, Los Angeles becomes the last stand for mankind in a battle no one expected. It's up to a Marine staff sergeant and his new platoon to draw a line in the sand as they take on an enemy unlike any they've ever encountered before.
    Much better than I thought. Story of a marine Staff Sargent who has done his 20 yrs and is still recovering from losing men in a disastrous patrol in Afghanistan. He is assigned at the last minute to replace another Sargent who is on leave in another platoon that has been assigned to find civilians behind enemy lines before the area is razed by a bomb drop. Very driven with fresh baby faced marines and 2nd Lt. right out of officer school. Two minor points that distract from the film is that stupid camera shaking. It was at the start of the film and at the end. Totally unnecessary and did not add to the film. Also felt the very end was a bit cliqued and again very unnecessary.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Battle: LA

I have to disagree. When I came out of the movie, I felt like it was just okay. Now after a couple of weeks, I can only remember how bad it was. I even slept during the movie for about 20 minutes! That hasn't happened since I watched Made of Honor three years ago.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread