+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Conspirator

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The Conspirator

If you like Civil War history, you'll like this film. Not much action, very dialogue-heavy, but well done.

The only thing I couldn't figure out is why they had so many British actors in it, since the story was set during the Civil War. Really - "Mr. Tumnus" from "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" playing an American attorney. Really? How about Chief Miles O'Brien (Star Trek TNG) as an army officer?

It was just a bit odd.

Re: The Conspirator

Interesting film about a major point in American history. I also think it is also Director Robert Redford giving the finger toward the Patriot Act, President Bush and Secetary of Defense Doanld Rumsfeld and Homeland Security.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Interesting film about a major point in American history. I also think it is also Director Robert Redford giving the finger toward the Patriot Act, President Bush and Secetary of Defense Doanld Rumsfeld and Homeland Security.
    Thanks for the heads up. I saw the commercial and thought about watching it. If this is just another hollywood production with an agenda, I will stay home. If I want to watch that, I can just watch the local news.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I saw the commercial and thought about watching it. If this is just another hollywood production with an agenda, I will stay home. If I want to watch that, I can just watch the local news.
    It is a good movie about a little known historical figure, Mary Surratt and how the government in it's zeal to punish alleged wrongdoers suspended their rights under the constitution. It is not really an agenda film. The film can stand alone just on that point. But based on my personal views on the current politcal situation and knowing the director (based on his films) could also draw the conclusion I did about giving the finger to the Patriot Act.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread