+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water for Elephants

Re: Water for Elephants

I saw the movie last weekend. I had read the book, so I knew the plot. The movie stayed sort of true to the book, but there were many differences. I am glad I read the book first. I did enjoy the movie.
    There's no place like home!

I have not read the book yet but just ordered it on my kindle

I thought the movie was decent, but there was something about it that bothered me that I couldn't quite put my finger on till later....the chemistry between the leads, I was just not that impressed, but I thought Rob P. did a better job than Reese.

loved Rosie, she was the best!

Quote Originally Posted by talldede View Post
    Good questions Debb70.

Check out this website. It answers your questions.

Behind the Scenes of | No Animals Were Harmed
    Thanks for the link. I read it. I understand that animals were not mistreated in the filming of the show. I believe that, however, there is a school of thought that wild animals, should not be used for human entertainment purposes. It may be exteme, but I have thought about it a lot since the death from the whale at Sea World. I just wonder if we have a right to make a wild animal do any kind of activity for our amusement or profit.

Since I have read that they portray some animials that are abused, I won't be able to watch the movie. I just can't stand to see animals or children mistreated, even though it's pretend. It bothers me too much. I'm sure it's a good movie, but, I'll be missing it.

Since I have read that they portray some animials that are abused, I won't be able to watch the movie. I just can't stand to see animals or children mistreated, even though it's pretend. It bothers me too much. I'm sure it's a good movie, but, I'll be missing it
    I think it would be too hard, the abuse scenes were pretty bad, for a while I wasn't sure if I'd be able to watch the rest of the movie, but the abusive scenes all happen within a 20-30 min time frame then end, so I was okay after that, then I'd just kept reminding myself it is pretend and used CGI.

Just saw Reese Witherspoon and Robert Patterson on the Graham Norton show on BBC America. They had just done the premiere of Water for Elephants in England. Still even their there seemed to be no chemistry between the two.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123