+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water for Elephants

Re: Water for Elephants

Saw this today. It was beautiful. Gorgeous scenery. I haven't read the book but what a wonderful story. All the acting was fantastic and there were a TON of people in the theater. So I hope it does well.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Zero chemistry. Big let down on that front. I thought the Stephen Holden review in the NYTimes nailed it. And I enjoyed every second. Went to a 10:30 pm show with a good (female) friend and we were in chick flick heaven for 2 hours. But as a movie, this is a C- adaptation of a delightful book, alas.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede View Post
    Good questions Debb70.

Check out this website. It answers your questions.

Behind the Scenes of | No Animals Were Harmed
    that was one of my biggest concerns ..that the elephant was treated good an not beated like the video we saw of an elephant recently
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I think I'm going to have to see this again - it is so rich and satifying.
    Count your blessings!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I think I'm going to have to see this again - it is so rich and satifying.
    I 100% agree. It's such a feast for the eyes, such a treat! And, I want to wear everyone of Reese's dresses, my gosh, they were lovely! Rosie, I could hug her, would love the opportunity, what an incredible creature!

I went with 5 girlfriends last night, so my second viewing and they all want to take their families. And, my 13 year old told me last night, he wants to see it again.

Watched it two days in a row. I did not read the book so had nothing to go on. Thought it was great. Rosie is a show stealer. Also loved all Reese's dresses. Also liked the start with the older Jacob telling the story.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    that was one of my biggest concerns ..that the elephant was treated good an not beated like the video we saw of an elephant recently
    Apparently the elephant was treated extremely well--only positive reinforcement, and even one beating scene was mostly faked...she just had to endure yelling by the actors and they got her used to that gradually.

FORT Fogey

I read the book a long time ago, and saw the movie today. I thought the movie was very "true to life" as regards circus life and people. I do not agree with whoever said it moved too slowly; I thought it well paced. As for the chemistry between the leads, it had to be hidden, although you could see it in Pattinson's eyes.

Altogether well done!!

I caught an interview with Rob Pattinson and he said he would hide mints in all of is pockets and Rosie would just stand there and sniff him. Production couldn't figure out why she liked him so much.. He also said that he loved working with her. He's nervous around people but he's right at home with animals. I thought that was very sweet.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

JavaJo - isn't that sweet? Rob is adorable and seems so down to earth. Thanks for posting.

Water for Elephants is performing quite well due to extremely good word of mouth. I'm in awe is this movie so if you've not seen it and big, loud, special effects blockbusters are not your thing, check it out. It's worth it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast