+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer

synopsis from soulsurferthemovie:
    Soul Surfer is the inspiring true story of teen surfer Bethany Hamilton. Bethany lost her left arm in a shark attack and courageously overcame all odds to become a champion again, through her sheer determination and unwavering faith. (read more)
    I took my daughter (age 10) and one of her friends to see this yesterday. They loved it. Such a good movie for tweeny girls, and I think parents will appreciate it, too. I found myself holding back tears through most of the movie, but in a good way. Good strong themes of perserverance, faith, and perspective. And of course beautiful scenery (Hawaii). Often it's hard to find a movie suitable for tweens that still has substance, so this was a nice surprise.
    remember to play

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Soul Surfer

I agree, that sounds like a perfect audience for this film---a strong (physically and mentally) heroine, who takes something that any rational person would see as a career ender and overcomes it. Good for boys, too, of course, both for a message they can apply to crises in their own lives, and for the image it gives them about what women/girls can do. And between the action (surfing/sharks) and the competition should be "macho" enough for them to get into it, no?

Re: Soul Surfer

Last year during Shark Week on DSC they had a one hour special on this girl and what happened to her and how hard she worked to get back on the surf board and that was so inspirational just as a special..can't wait to see the movie
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread