+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Source Code

Source Code

SYNOPSIS Captain Colter Stevens is inside the Source Code, a program that allows him to come into somebody else's mind for the last 8 minutes of their life. With the program, he awakens on a Chicago train that had been bombed by an unknown individual, with the mission to find said bomber. But things get complicated when he becomes smitten with Christina, the woman whom he sits across during each session. Although he is unaware about the full details of the program itself, he continues on with the mission under the guidance of Captain Colleen Goodwin and Dr. Rutledge, both of whom have the hope that Stevens can find the bomber in time before another potential attack can happen.

REVIEW This is going to sound lame, but I have been keeping a list of movies that I've seen this year for the first time ever. This obviously includes the movies that are released in the theaters, but it also includes older movies that I see for the first time through home movie. So far, there are 17 movies on the list, and out of all of them, I would definitely say that Source Code has been my favorite.

I was reading a blog of someone's who had not seen the movie yet and prematurely called it an Inception knock-off. I respectfully disagree with this statement. Source Code, although somewhat similar, has a unique storyline that leaves the audience on the edge of their seats up until the very end. If anything, I thought of the movie Moon when watching the movie. I looked into it later, and it turns out that they were directed by the same guy.

The synopsis I wrote focuses on the bomber aspect of the storyline, but trust me when I say that there is so much more to the movie.

If you have some time on your hands, definitely go see this one!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Re: Source Code

I'm not sure if I'll be seeing it in the theatre, but I will be seeing it eventually. Just wanted to point out that Duncan Jones, the director, is David Bowie's son. Some people may be more familiar with him as Zowie Bowie - he never cared for the name.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fan

What a great film! As it has been compared to and contrasted with Inception, this movie, in my opinion, is more concise and to-the-point in its presentation. It begins with a Groundhog Day feeling which soon shakes itself off as you get wrapped up in the action and ends with you pondering many questions while leaving the theater. Great acting, excitement and quite entertaining. My husband and I only questioned the need for the gun, as it seemed unnecessary. Anyone else feel the same about that? Overall,

Yeah! That part was useless in the long run. But maybe it was included to show the lack of ideas that they all had when it came to finding the bomber?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    Yeah! That part was useless in the long run. But maybe it was included to show the lack of ideas that they all had when it came to finding the bomber?
    Yes, out of frustration from their perspectives, I can see that. You, too, felt this was better than Inception? I thought that Inception, though with good acting as well, was grossly overrated.

I watched Inception after all of the hype, so I don't know if I can make a fair judgment. It was another classic example of getting my hopes too high after seeing and hearing so many praise over it. With Source Code, I saw it the day after it came out, thus avoiding any sort of pre-movie hype.

But whatever the circumstances, I would say yes, I definitely liked this movie more than Inception.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I just saw it and really enjoyed it as well. I had one small question about something that happened near the end. It doesn't really give anything away to ask it but I'll put it in spoilers for any who have not seen the film yet.
    So if you've seen it already...I didn't get
    Click to see Spoiler:
    why the hero did that double take when the heroine showed him that giant art piece in Chicago---a big shiny metal reflective thing, that looked vaguely brain shaped. What did I miss?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I just saw it and really enjoyed it as well. I had one small question about something that happened near the end. It doesn't really give anything away to ask it but I'll put it in spoilers for any who have not seen the film yet.
    So if you've seen it already...I didn't get
    Click to see Spoiler:
    why the hero did that double take when the heroine showed him that giant art piece in Chicago---a big shiny metal reflective thing, that looked vaguely brain shaped. What did I miss?
    Thanks!
    I didn't get that either and I just saw the film last night and thoroughly liked it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread