+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Lawyer

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Lincoln Lawyer

1. Matthew McConaughey did a nice job. However, I kept picturing him with his girlfriend - that woman who did the fashion show where she kept saying, "And remember, fashion IS important." Marisa Tomei was a much better fit for him than what's her-name.

2. Trace Adkins was in the movie. I only knew him from Celebrity Apprentice. I didn't even recognize him until almost the end of the movie. He looked like he'd gained about 50 pounds for the role. He did a nice job.

3. They showed a scene in all the trailers that I've seen that they did not include in the movie. I thought that was weird.

4. I'll probably have to rent this one on DVD when it comes out so I can stitch up all the plot holes and follow the story a bit better.

5. I'd probably give it a 2.5 out of 5.

ETA:

6. The camera work is really bad in a couple of spots. In one courtroom scene, the camera is doing a 360 around McConaughey. Between the vertical stripes in the background, the spinning, and the fact that I'm under medical treatment for vertigo, I actually had to cover my eyes. In a late scene at his house, it's so jumpy that it detracts from the scene.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 03-19-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: ETA

Re: Lincoln Lawyer

I saw this movie today and enjoyed it. I thought the acting was great and it had a good story. It was a interesting caper movie. Would recommend this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I really enjoyed this. I was amazed how closely it followed the book. I was pleasantly surprised as they usually change so much more. I thought the actors did a good job.

I love the books but won't see the movie. MM gives me the major creeps and he is not Mickey Haller. I was so excited when I heard they were doing a movie, but then I heard who they cast. Marisa Tomei is a good fit for her role, but McConaughey will keep me from seeing the movie. Haller is rugged and although he's good looking, he is not a pretty boy.

I'm almost as upset about the casting of this movie as I am about Katherine Heigl as Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Saw this today and loved it. The theatre I was in actually applauded at the end. Ryan Philipe was certainly convincing.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I love the books but won't see the movie. MM gives me the major creeps and he is not Mickey Haller. I was so excited when I heard they were doing a movie, but then I heard who they cast.
    I felt exactly the same. I don't care for Matthew McConaughey at all, with the sole exception of Wooderson in Dazed and Confused, and I was dismayed to find that he had been cast as Mickey Haller. I would have been happier with Ron Livingstone, Damien Lewis, Jeremy Renner, David Morse, Viggo Mortensen...pretty much anyone, really.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I love Connelly and was looking forward to the movie until I, too, found it it would be MM. Then I watched the trailers and they kept calling him Mick, instead of Micky. Something about MM just turns me off. And, I have to agree with Critical, Micky Haller is rugged, but not sexy, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I felt exactly the same. I don't care for Matthew McConaughey at all, with the sole exception of Wooderson in Dazed and Confused, and I was dismayed to find that he had been cast as Mickey Haller. I would have been happier with Ron Livingstone, Damien Lewis, Jeremy Renner, David Morse, Viggo Mortensen...pretty much anyone, really.
    Yes! Viggo would have been perfect! He's such a chameleon, he totally could have done Mickey Haller justice.

I'll disagree with noreality on one point though - I think Haller is sexy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Yes! Viggo would have been perfect! He's such a chameleon, he totally could have done Mickey Haller justice.

I'll disagree with noreality on one point though - I think Haller is sexy.
    Actually, I think Haller in the book is sexy, too. I probably misstated what I meant to say in my post.
    Haller came across to me as rugged and sexy. Just not in the kind of smarmy, in your face kind of way that MM does.
    Sorry to MM fans. I just don't go for him, but I realize a lot of people do.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Actually, I think Haller in the book is sexy, too. I probably misstated what I meant to say in my post.
    Haller came across to me as rugged and sexy. Just not in the kind of smarmy, in your face kind of way that MM does.
    Sorry to MM fans. I just don't go for him, but I realize a lot of people do.
    Got it

Yeah, I think MM is smarmy too. He gives me the major creeps. I won't see the movie because of him and I LOVE the Haller in the books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast