1. Matthew McConaughey did a nice job. However, I kept picturing him with his girlfriend - that woman who did the fashion show where she kept saying, "And remember, fashion IS important." Marisa Tomei was a much better fit for him than what's her-name.
2. Trace Adkins was in the movie. I only knew him from Celebrity Apprentice. I didn't even recognize him until almost the end of the movie. He looked like he'd gained about 50 pounds for the role. He did a nice job.
3. They showed a scene in all the trailers that I've seen that they did not include in the movie. I thought that was weird.
4. I'll probably have to rent this one on DVD when it comes out so I can stitch up all the plot holes and follow the story a bit better.
5. I'd probably give it a 2.5 out of 5.
6. The camera work is really bad in a couple of spots. In one courtroom scene, the camera is doing a 360 around McConaughey. Between the vertical stripes in the background, the spinning, and the fact that I'm under medical treatment for vertigo, I actually had to cover my eyes. In a late scene at his house, it's so jumpy that it detracts from the scene.