+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Oscars 2011

Oscars 2011

What, nobody watching the Red Carpet? Halle Berry - stunning. Her dress makes her look almost ethereal. Jennifer Hudson and Sandra Bullock also looking exceptional - I thought Jennifer's dress was red but one of the fashionistas called it "tangerine". Sandra's is knockout red.

Is Christian Bale Australian? He's talking with a very strong accent. Also sporting an unattractive Unabomber beard with matching eyebrows.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Re: Oscars 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow - gorgeous gold gown. My daughter and I especially like her earrings.

Dopey opening sequence, but I did like the "dance of the brown duck". Alec Baldwin saves the skit.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    What, nobody watching the Red Carpet? Halle Berry - stunning. Her dress makes her look almost ethereal. Jennifer Hudson and Sandra Bullock also looking exceptional - I thought Jennifer's dress was red but one of the fashionistas called it "tangerine". Sandra's is knockout red.

Is Christian Bale Australian? He's talking with a very strong accent. Also sporting an unattractive Unabomber beard with matching eyebrows.
    I agree about Halle! Gorgeous, as usual. Jennifer was stunning, and so was Sandra. I only watch the red carpet, and then tomorrow Fashion Police!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Dopey opening sequence, but I did like the "dance of the brown duck". Alec Baldwin saves the skit.
    I did like that it didn't drag on! It was a somewhat milder start though than at the Globes

Oh dear lord...no disrespect to Kirk Douglas, but it's almost impossible to decipher what he's saying. He's presenting Supporting Actress. I'm afraid he's going to keel over. Heh...he's kinda funny in that dotty old man way. Anyway, winner is Melissa Leo.

It was very nice to see him up there, but it did drag a lot and I don't know what to think about her speech.

Shaking myself awake for animated full-length film. Hate Mila Kunis' dress, it looks like the top slipped and her bra is showing. Toy Story 3 wins, no surprise there.

I love award shows, but I am finding myself very bored so far.

Yikes, Javier Bardem looking kinda puffy. Josh Brolin looking vaguely angry as usual. Both seeming not comfortable in silly white tuxes. Adapted screenplay winner - The Social Network.

So far the most interesting thing has been Kirk Douglas. Original screenplay- The King's Speech. Colin Firth looking in fine form tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast