+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Oscars 2011

Re: Oscars 2011

This is not a great way to target the youth. You're right there NRH!

Franco continues to look less and less interested as the show goes on. Is that why he's been seen less and less?

I didn't get home until an hour into the show. I turned on the TV just in time to see Christian Bale win. I hope the show is up on Hulu or something so I can watch it tomorrow.

for Trent Reznor winning! That score was fantastic - really unique and it really fit the tone of the movie. I LOVE NIN, so I was happy to see Trent win.

Wow, Billy Crystal is looking more and more like Alan King. He was never my favorite host (in fact, I've never been a fan), but it sounds like the audience in the theater would rather he took over the job tonight.

I'd rather have Hugh Jackman host again. He's talented, charming and he looks great in a tux. His opening number was one of the best on any Oscar show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm so glad that RDJ has turned it around and made himself a great name for himself!

Go Jude Law!! That was awesome! Loved how RDJ played it off too!

It's hard to make jokes about dissolute drug addiction but look at that, RDJr and Jude Law manage it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I did enjoy seeing Zach Levi; such a cute guy.
    s.

My reaction was: Chuck singing! And well. Just makes me like Zach Levi even more.

The musical spoof segment was funny with Ron of HP singing about his ball of light.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I didn't get home until an hour into the show. I turned on the TV just in time to see Christian Bale win. I hope the show is up on Hulu or something so I can watch it tomorrow.

for Trent Reznor winning! That score was fantastic - really unique and it really fit the tone of the movie. I LOVE NIN, so I was happy to see Trent win.

Wow, Billy Crystal is looking more and more like Alan King. He was never my favorite host (in fact, I've never been a fan), but it sounds like the audience in the theater would rather he took over the job tonight.

I'd rather have Hugh Jackman host again. He's talented, charming and he looks great in a tux. His opening number was one of the best on any Oscar show.
    You really haven't missed much. The entire show has been rather dull with parcels of good sparsely mixed in.

I think at this point they'd rather anyone else be hosting. Heck, given the "performance" from RDJ, he could take over and no one would be upset.

You know, I didn't mind Gwyneth Paltrow on the Grammys, I actually kind of enjoyed her performance, but I did not like this at all.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Has Franco's expression changed at all??
    Jennifer Hudson having to call Gwyneth a singing sensation must have hurt, just a litte. Her performance was a little shakey. I think she did better at the Grammys.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I really, really do not like Randy Newman's singing style.

I think Franco realizes it's a sinking ship, so he doesn't give a crap about it anymore... I can't stand Anne. Loved Randy Newman's speech.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread