+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Oscars 2011

Re: Oscars 2011

I loved the "Favourite Song" montage! Reminded me of a lot of songs that I've really loved and love!

I liked Kevin Spacey's intro for Toy Story 3's nominated song We Belong Together.

You know, Randy Newman would NEVER make it through the first round of American Idol nominations. I remember Cowell always complaining about people who sang through their nose.

Ah, so they're speed-singing their way through the Best Song nominees. One thing to be grateful for.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I did enjoy seeing Zach Levi; such a cute guy.

I like that they're highlighting the best parts of the songs.

Totally gratuitous, but I would love to be that winner when Jake directed her where to go by touching her back! Lucky lady.

From the live action short film winner - "I should have gotten a haircut". That's some 'fro he's sporting, at that.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

My kids are really liking this "musical" spoof. Particularly the Harry Potter and Eclipse bits.

I love the live action winner! So cute.
    I also liked the "musicals" spoof. Really some funny moments.
    That dress is not flattering on Oprah.

Well, not sorry that pretentious DB Bansky didn't get the award. I love docs, but I confess I usually wait to catch them on the movie channels or the Documentary Channel. I look forward to seeing Inside Job.

My 11-year-old actually gasped aloud when they said Robert Downey Jr will be on next. She's her mother's daughter, all right.

So much for the Oscars trying to go for a "young demographic."
    Anne Hathaway is a class act; James Franco looks like he was just dropped off the set of the Pineapple Express.
    I thought Kirk Douglas was very touching in his presentation. I gave the guy a lot of credit for re-learning how to speak after a massive stroke. It was obvious the guy was having the time of his life.
    No surprises, at all, so far.
    I think the Oscars need to rehire Billy Crystal.
    I've been watching these shows for what seems like an eternity and he knew how to keep it movng.
    Oh, my prayers are answered....There's Billy on the stage....
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread