+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Oscars 2011

Re: Oscars 2011

What little we've seen of Franco it seems like he's bored too. I thought Anne's reaction to the Fbomb was cute.

I liked Anne's singing! I didn't realize/forgot she has such a good voice. Had she not seen what Franco was going to wear for that bit?

Helen Mirren - we should all age that well. Hopefully Russell Brand won't get any hair grease on her lovely dress.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Reese Witherspoon - meh on dress and hair. She's presenting Supporting Actor...winner is Christian Bale. Hmmm, no handshake or hug from Mark Wahlberg.

LOL my bad...Christian Bale is from the UK. Why does he sound so weirdly fake? Huh, Mark Walhberg is stone-faced watching him.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I always forget Christian Bale has an accent. I don't know why, but I'm always surprised when he starts speaking.
    Also wasn't surprised that he won--pretty expected.

Jury is out for me on Nicole Kidman's dress. Not really digging that big triangular flare at the hips. Like that she's wearing red shoes with a white gown, though. Hugh Jackman looking fabulous as always.

No way! Trent Reznor wins for best musical score for The Social Network! I was just listening to an interview with him today and he was saying there was NO chance he was going to win.

Scarlett Johannsen - looks like she forgot to do her hair. Matthew McConaghey (I think I spelled that wrong) - just not as pretty with his shirt on.

I feel like it has been more than an hour and a half.

You were close! McConaughey

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    What, nobody watching the Red Carpet? Halle Berry - stunning. Her dress makes her look almost ethereal. Jennifer Hudson and Sandra Bullock also looking exceptional - I thought Jennifer's dress was red but one of the fashionistas called it "tangerine". Sandra's is knockout red.

Is Christian Bale Australian? He's talking with a very strong accent. Also sporting an unattractive Unabomber beard with matching eyebrows.
    Bale is English.

I enjoyed the opening sequence.

Jennifer Hudson - too much boobage. Gwyneth Paltrow's dress was nice, as was Sandra Bullock's. Did not like Mila Kunis's dress. Hailee Steinfeld looks lovely.

Melissa Leo - didn't enjoy her speech. And her "accidental" dropping of the f-bomb? Yeah, right, that was accidental. It was crass.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread