+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Am Number Four

I Am Number Four

I Am Number Four (2011) - IMDb
    I Am Number Four (2011)
    PG_13 110 min - Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller - 18 February 2011 (USA)

John is an extraordinary teen, masking his true identity and passing as a typical high school student to elude a deadly enemy seeking to destroy him. Three like him have already been killed ... he is Number Four.
    Luv'd it. Great young adult film. No bad language, no nudity, no gory, bloody scenes.

I really like this film. There was real chemistry between the two young stars and both could act. I could feel their connection. The back ground story of a young alien with powers hiding on earth from the destroyers of his home world was done very well, The action was great, I could actually follow the fight scenes. The dialog was funny as were some of the awkward teen fitting into the popular high school crowd scenes. Very well directed and kudos to the writing team and the fight choreographers. Definitely an A movie.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: I Am Number Four

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

Luv'd it. Great young adult film. No bad language, no nudity, no gory, bloody scenes.

I really like this film. There was real chemistry between the two young stars and both could act. I could feel their connection. The back ground story of a young alien with powers hiding on earth from the destroyers of his home world was done very well, The action was great, I could actually follow the fight scenes. The dialog was funny as were some of the awkward teen fitting into the popular high school crowd scenes. Very well directed and kudos to the writing team and the fight choreographers. Definitely an A movie.
    I just read an article that seemed to imply that the love interest of No. 4 is the actress who plays Quinn on Glee... is that right?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

Thanks for the review, Bearcata. I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie now.

PWS, yes - Dianna Agron (sp?) is the love interest. She and the guy who plays #4 were actually dating in real life during the filming but I guess just recently broke up.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL

They broke up? Sad. Last I heard they were engaged...
    Planning to see this movie...maybe tomorrow.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I was looking forward to seeing this. But the trailer on IMDB gives away something I really wish they'd have kept spoiler-free.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just read the book---I can see how this would be a good fun movie....

I watched this a week ago, and I definitely enjoyed it. My slight criticism would have to be the camera work during the action scenes. It felt like the screen was going all over the place. It made me feel a bit dizzy. But yeah, the acting is solid, the storyline isn't as farfetched as I expected, and the chemistry is definitely there. If you have nothing else to watch, I would suggest watching this!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

"If you have nothing else to watch, I would suggest watching this!"

Now there's a ringing endorsement!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread