+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gnomeo and Juliet

Gnomeo and Juliet

Gnomeo and Juliet is an animated family film based on William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet but in this case the cast is made up of garden gnomes. Ick, you say, well it is amusing. Elton John uses his back catalog of music hits for the soundtrack and his music never sounded better. I think the kids, 'rents and grand 'rents will enjoy this film. I can also see some ambitious student using this movie to write up a report instead of reading the original Romeo and Juliet for English Lit class.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Gnomeo and Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4191096;
    Gnomeo and Juliet is an animated family film based on William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet but in this case the cast is made up of garden gnomes. Ick, you say, well it is amusing. Elton John uses his back catalog of music hits for the soundtrack and his music never sounded better. I think the kids, 'rents and grand 'rents will enjoy this film. I can also see some ambitious student using this movie to write up a report instead of reading the original Romeo and Juliet for English Lit class.
    I was watching the trailer for this last night and wondered if, it being a kids' movie and all, the movie ends the way the play does. Do Gnomeo and Juliet kill themselves? Seems a bit of a downer for little children. Maybe the answer should go in spoiler tags, but if I had little children I'd want to know.
    If they don't though, that not so ambitious student could be in real trouble!

Re: Gnomeo and Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4191329;
    I was watching the trailer for this last night and wondered if, it being a kids' movie and all, the movie ends the way the play does. Do Gnomeo and Juliet kill themselves? Seems a bit of a downer for little children. Maybe the answer should go in spoiler tags, but if I had little children I'd want to know.
    If they don't though, that not so ambitious student could be in real trouble!
    The endings been changed after all its a family film. Gnomeo even has a big philosophical discussion with a William Shakespeare statue about it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread