+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black Swan

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Black Swan

There were definite implications that NP did more than a few simple steps. I agree, not a smart career move, but I can see why she was upset.

I had to watch this movie several times in order to "get it". I watched this with my 25 year old son who graduated as an art major & it took him several attempts to understand this movie.
    It really took both of us expressing our thoughts to finally have our "aha" moment.
    I don't want to post it; don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet. Powerful movie!

I finally saw this. Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to the rating on the DVD case (which was 14A here in Canada) - the 12-year-old started watching it but obviously, she had to leave the room after the first 1/2 hour or so. I'm not sure it's appropriate for 14-year-olds either, in spite of the rating.

Anyway, as an adult I liked it very much. Very engrossing and I enjoyed Natalie Portman's performance. I don't think the quest for perfection theme was highlighted as much as it should have - too much attention on the sexual themes. The sex scene with Mila Kunis was overly long - I mean, yeah, we get it, already. The best scenes, IMO, were the ones between Portman and Vincent Cassels.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234