+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Watched this tonight and...whoa. It is definitely the best of the series. Lee Pace....I love him anyway, but he was just fantastic in this. Such a rogue And for the first time ever....can't believe I'm going to say this, but here goes...Kristen Stewart did not piss me off. She looked stunning, her acting was better than I've ever seen it and her facial expressions were spot on. IMO, this is her best performance...which isn't saying much, but I actually liked her in this film. The little girl is gorgeous. She's going to be a stunner when she grows up. And Charlie...I'm team Charlie all the way, but he was cute in this one. "Cause it's working!"

Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm really glad I peeked and read your spoilers because otherwise, I would have been pissed off. I hated watching beloved characters die and kept thinking..OMG is this over yet? the whole time. I did love the final scene with Jacob and Edward and the scene where Bella shows him her memories. I thought it could have been a tad longer (the memory sequence) but it was well done. Also loved the end credits.
    Realitychick likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Just saw the movie, and I loved the scene where Bella showed her feelings as well. If I had not read the books, though, I would have been lost during all of the hand holding and serious looks given. I like it better when they show you what is being communicated.
    The thing that disturbed me, though, was that I kept seeing a woman in the background (usually near the lake behind the Cullen's house) with her back to the cameras. I spent the whole movie waiting to see who was "photobombing" all those scenes outside of the Cullen's house!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'd forgotten the specifics of the spoiler about the fight above, and was also going Whoa! I don't remember all that!, but then it's been a while since I read the books. I thought I remembered that Bella
    Click to see Spoiler:
    was able to extend her forcefield around everyone and that's how they won, not the way they did .. with the "preview" of Aro's choice
    , but I agree that wouldn't have been as visually dramatic. The head ripping off...yikes...but at least there is not blood spurting out, them being vampires with hearts that don't pump and all.
    Loved the scene with the vamp who could manipulate water, at his home.
    I agree, the little baby was kind of creepy. For starters you don't see many the age of that baby who smile all the time at people..and the hand,,, yeah, somehow very CGI. If they can make a tiger like the ones I've seen in the previews for Pi, or the wolves in this one, they should be able to do better with a baby's hand. Maybe flesh is harder than fur!

In the final scene at the shore with Edward, Bella, adult "Nessy" and Jacob I would have liked to see Nessy
    Click to see Spoiler:
    hug Jacob the way she did her parents, as if the two of them were about to leave her parents
    , for an extra happy ending, but not bad.

As of the Nov 30 - Dec 2 weekend Breaking Dawn part 2 which was made for $120 million has made domestically and worldwide just over $702 million dollars.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789