+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Okaaay... but my question was about whether they age "normally" or not... I thought one of the pluses to Jacob's suit was that Bella would have a more "normal" life with him...kids, getting older, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Okaaay... but my question was about whether they age "normally" or not... I thought one of the pluses to Jacob's suit was that Bella would have a more "normal" life with him...kids, getting older, etc.
    The way it is described in the book - they basically don't age WHILE they are actively shape shifting. But at some point, they could choose to "turn it off" so to speak and once they were no longer shape shifting they would start to age normally again. I think it is described as kind of being frozen in time - at least that is how Lea describes it when she is talking about no longer being a woman (meaning no longer having cycles because she is frozen). Does that help?

I think it is described better in the books - with regard to the legends and how when they stopped shape shifting they started to age again. I think Billy also makes a point about being too old in one of the books. I also think there is something in the books about once they "turn it off" it can't be turned back on again after a period of time - once they start aging again, they can't again stop. Or something like that. Someone will, I'm sure, correct me if I'm wrong on that part. But yes, in answer to your question, once they stop shape shifting, they start aging normally again.

LOVED the new movie. Everything that was awful about the first three (Transformer voiced wolves, really???) was fixed as far as more budget for this final installment. They took another stab at explaining imprinting, which helped the people I went with that hadn't read the books.

It was a great way to finish the series and be done as I didn't love the first three, I almost loved Part 1. Glad I went and VERY glad I went before I knew anything about it. And that's all I'm going to say about that because I don't trust myself and spoiler tags.
    Wag more, bark less

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's gotten excellent reviews even from reviewers that basically hate Twilight on principle. Kind of saying, gee, if they'd all been like this I could see what the fuss is all about.

On the down side...some 20 year old was arrested because he planned to shoot up a Twilight premiere night a la the Batman movie.

I cannot describe adequately how much I LOVED this movie. I cried, I laughed, just loved it. I got really pissed off before I remembered what I read in the book vs what I was seeing and then I got it. Loved it.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Best Twilight movie of the franchise. Too bad all of them couldn't be like this. Liked that at the end of the film they showed and listed all the characters from all the movies. That was a very nice touch.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well I didn't completely love it, but I didn't dislike it either. I thought the beginning felt a bit frenetic. They were trying to cover a lot of little parts of the story and they accomplished it, but it was jumping all over the place. I also didn't like whatever they were doing with the baby early on. Her face seemed to be CGIed in a way that I couldn't tell if they even used an actual baby. She is supposed to be adorable, and I just thought she looked creepy!

The one other thing that I am torn about I will put in spoilers and it is a HUGE spoiler even if you have read the book, so don't read it unless you really want to know!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    So during the big fight scene they really had me going for a little bit. Then at some point I was just thinking W...T...H...!? Then when it resolved I was conflicted. On the one hand it was kind of nice that there was something that I didn't see coming even though I had read the book. It was also unsurprising in the sense that the Hollywood types would *need* to get some big action scene thrown in there. On the other hand I generally dislike "it was all a dream" endings because they feel like a cop-out.

On positive notes, there were moments that made me smile during the movie. The woman who was cast as Zafrina was gorgeous and I thought she was perfect for that role. They guy who plays Aro did a particularly great job in this film. It was a nice wrap-up to the franchise and I agree with Bearcata that the ending sequence with the cast from all the films was a very nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Well I didn't completely love it, but I didn't dislike it either. I thought the beginning felt a bit frenetic. They were trying to cover a lot of little parts of the story and they accomplished it, but it was jumping all over the place. I also didn't like whatever they were doing with the baby early on. Her face seemed to be CGIed in a way that I couldn't tell if they even used an actual baby. She is supposed to be adorable, and I just thought she looked creepy!

The one other thing that I am torn about I will put in spoilers and it is a HUGE spoiler even if you have read the book, so don't read it unless you really want to know!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    So during the big fight scene they really had me going for a little bit. Then at some point I was just thinking W...T...H...!? Then when it resolved I was conflicted. On the one hand it was kind of nice that there was something that I didn't see coming even though I had read the book. It was also unsurprising in the sense that the Hollywood types would *need* to get some big action scene thrown in there. On the other hand I generally dislike "it was all a dream" endings because they feel like a cop-out.

On positive notes, there were moments that made me smile during the movie. The woman who was cast as Zafrina was gorgeous and I thought she was perfect for that role. They guy who plays Aro did a particularly great job in this film. It was a nice wrap-up to the franchise and I agree with Bearcata that the ending sequence with the cast from all the films was a very nice touch.
    Your comment about the baby CGI reminded me that I also thought what is wrong with her face. Very odd. I was glad to see the wolves were not as cartoonish. In regards to your comments in the spoiler tag...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It's been awhile since I read Breaking Dawn but I don't remember them going into great detail about the "fight"... so when I was watching it happen on screen I got really pissed off, my mouth actually fell open when Carslile was killed and then Jasper etc. I was livid, and then Aro took his hand off of Alice and it became clear to me... I get that Hollywood wanted to add action and now with a clear head, the action scene was fantastic if not disturbing when you see some of your favorite characters die... But during the scene I really for a good while thought they changed the end of it to get more viewers and that made me angry but then it all worked out. By far my most favorite part of the Breaking Dawn book which translated over into the movie was when Bella allows Edward to read her mind in regards to her feelings for him. I thought they handled that wonderfully in the movie. Loved the ending with the acknowledgement of everyone in the film. Did Stephenie do a cameo in this movie? I tried to see if I could spot her but didn't see her?
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fogey

Saw it this evening with some friends. I LOVED IT. This was truly a good film, and thought the trip down memory lane was a very sweet ending. Oh, and I adore Lee Pace
    JLuvs likes this.

Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Saw this last night and thought it was fabulous! Taylor Lautner and Billy Burke were fantastic it that one scene and Lee Pace is amazing.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread