+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

FORT Regular

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

I agree

Saw it. Not bad. Did KStew go on a diet or was that CGI we saw of her starved body? Unfortunately, a lady started talking to me during the last scene that was in the credits so I didn't heard all the dialogue that the Volturi said. Anyone know if it is up on YouTube? Or do you know what they say? Luv'd, luv'd, luv'd the werewolves. Liked how they communicated and I liked how they showed it. If nothing else about this series the author really pegged the animosity between vampires and werewolves. I am looking forward to part 2, too bad I have to wait until next year, that sucks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

I'm sure it was CGI.
    The Volturi got a message from Carlisle that Bella had joined their clan. One of them commented that that problem was now over with ie Bella's humanity. The main Volturi said, on the contrary, it was still on as the Cullens had something he wanted. There was also dialogue about the secretary spelling Carlisle's name wrong and how she was to become fodder for her error.
    The werewolves talking to each other was rather ludicrous; everyone in my theater laughed. They looked good, however.
    Anyone read about how people are going into convulsions during the birth scene because of the flashing lights? Notice it is all men though...sure, boys, blame the lights.
    lilcountriegal likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I'm sure it was CGI.
    The Volturi got a message from Carlisle that Bella had joined their clan. One of them commented that that problem was now over with ie Bella's humanity. The main Volturi said, on the contrary, it was still on as the Cullens had something he wanted. There was also dialogue about the secretary spelling Carlisle's name wrong and how she was to become fodder for her error.
    The werewolves talking to each other was rather ludicrous; everyone in my theater laughed. They looked good, however.
    Anyone read about how people are going into convulsions during the birth scene because of the flashing lights? Notice it is all men though...sure, boys, blame the lights.
    I saw it as good way to show that telepathy can be a stream of consciousness type of thing and I didn't have a problem with it. I had heard about the flashing lights, I think it is the flashing red light that is causing the problem. Roger Egbert of the Chicago Sun Times wrote that the child birthing scene was blood curdling and I didn't think so.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, I didn't think the birth scene was a whole lot worse than a normal birth or at least a Caesarean....hey, guys, there IS blood involved even without vampires!

I agree I hope those anorexic shots of the sick pregnant Bella were CGI...she looked like an end stage anorexic....those shoulders and collarbones.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Hi, I just saw all the Twilight movies for the first time. I'm ready for the release of the last one tomorrow night.

I wondered if anyone could tell me more about the imprinting thing. Did Jacob want to do it, and fall in love with the baby? Or, did he do it as a sacrifice to save Bella's baby? Also, they didn't show anything of him doing it. Does the book say more about it? Did he pee on the baby?

Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Imprinting isn't a choice...it is just something that sometimes happens to Jacob' kind. All you have to do to imprint on someone is look at someone and if it is meant to be it just happens. No peeing necessary :-)
    2boysmom and maude~flanders like this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Hi, I just saw all the Twilight movies for the first time. I'm ready for the release of the last one tomorrow night.

I wondered if anyone could tell me more about the imprinting thing. Did Jacob want to do it, and fall in love with the baby? Or, did he do it as a sacrifice to save Bella's baby? Also, they didn't show anything of him doing it. Does the book say more about it? Did he pee on the baby?
    The book also tries to explain imprinting in a way that makes it sound less creepy, because a grown man falling in love with a baby is definitely creepy. They explain it as a connection where the person cares about the other in a way that they will be whatever that other person needs. So while she is a baby he will be a protector, and when she is growing up he will be a friend/mentor, and then eventually it will grow into love when she gets old enough. Since he won't age, she will catch up. There didn't seem to be any concern about one person imprinting and the other person NOT reciprocating at some point. I think there was a comment along the lines of "how could someone not respond to that kind of adoration and complete commitment".

I'm off from work tomorrow so I'm going to try and catch a showing fairly early in the morning that I'm hoping will be nearly empty!
    maude~flanders likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Do the werewolves not age? I know the vampires don't, but I thought the werewolves did. They certainly "grow up". In the books you can see Jacob kind of imprinting even on the fetus if you know what to look for.
    I really disliked this 'way out" of the Jacob/Edward conflict. Yes, it gives Jacob a kind of happily ever after, someday, but it seems to me to take away some of the humanity of the werewolves.

Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Jacob is not technically a werewolf and they can eventually stop shape shifting, it is a matter of control and choice.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread