+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

PWS - I agree 100% on the two moments you put in spoilers. As for the sniping at the end, the message was from Carlisle, but the point was that it was written by the woman (I can't remember her name), who was also in New Moon, by the way - who was then taken away by Dimitri and what's-his-name. So he was insulting her secretary skills, not the message from Carlisle.

CCL

Yes, he was complaining about her grammar and that she didn't include the "s" in Carlisle's name. The other two Volturi thought the problem was at an end as Bella had been turned but the main one he said that his feud with the Cullens was still on as they have something he wants.

I think, with some judicious editing, they could have easily made one movie out of the last book rather than two. I don't know why everything has to be in two parts now (well, I do, as it means more money for the studios). I can kind of understand it with the last Harry Potter films but not in this instance.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, KatesMom and CCL! Can always count on FORT for info.
    I generally agree about the greedy splitting up of books by movie makers, but actually thought this one was OK.... a good place to end it. It allowed some more explanation of the imprinting thing to set that up, and meant that the wedding, honeymoon and pregnancy weren't rushed. For all the romantics out there, these were big pay off moments. All I remember about what's left in the book, other than the baby maturing and bonding with Jacob, and Bella getting used to being a vampire, is prep for and fighting with the Volturi, and Bella coming into her powers...so my guess is it will be a very different, and far less romantic, film.

I hope we don't have to wait until next year before we see part 2?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sorry...I believe it's slated to be released November 16, 2012.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Crap they should have released it in May so not to leave the fans hanging.
    JavaJo likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

That stinks. I thought it was going to be released during summer 2012!

I thought I read that the original release date was slated for July but when I searched, all I could find was the November date. I wouldn't mind a late summer release. Plus...school is not in session. Their opening night would be even bigger, IMO, if the kiddies didn't have to go to school the next morning. I know a lot of parents let them go anyway, but many do not.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I thought I read that the original release date was slated for July but when I searched, all I could find was the November date. I wouldn't mind a late summer release. Plus...school is not in session. Their opening night would be even bigger, IMO, if the kiddies didn't have to go to school the next morning. I know a lot of parents let them go anyway, but many do not.
    Yes, it was originally slated for a summer 2012 release. It was moved back to November, 2012 over this past summer, I think. It has been completely filmed, but if I am remembering right, it was so the production team could have more time with the CGI, for Reneesme, the vampire effects with Bella and the end "battle".
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Yes, it was originally slated for a summer 2012 release. It was moved back to November, 2012 over this past summer, I think. It has been completely filmed, but if I am remembering right, it was so the production team could have more time with the CGI, for Reneesme, the vampire effects with Bella and the end "battle".
    I can't complain too much about more time for the special effects. The incredibly poor special effect job was one of the primary factors that made the first Twilight so tragically bad IMO.

+ Reply to Thread