+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Finally saw this tonight and there wasn't one part that I didn't like. I went in expecting to not like the wolf pack, but they had it like I had imagined it. I didn't want the movie to end.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

When people started filing out as the credits rolled, I was sitting right in front of the exit and said loudly, "There's another scene after the credits!" Most of the people stayed to see it, but many just kept right on walking. Why would you leave if you knew there was another scene?
    Count your blessings!

Maybe they didn't really care to see it or, like the people in my theatre, it was their 2nd or 3rd time seeing the movie.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I went to see it again on Wednesday. Glad I could help for those who haven't seen it! One thing I noticed on the second run - anyone else catch the cameo of Stephenie Meyer in the wedding scene? They focus right on her - but only for a second or two. When I saw it the first time, I figured she had to be someone, but I was taken in by the wedding itself. I was shocked when I saw it the second time! She is wearing a white and red dress.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I went to see it again on Wednesday. Glad I could help for those who haven't seen it! One thing I noticed on the second run - anyone else catch the cameo of Stephenie Meyer in the wedding scene? They focus right on her - but only for a second or two. When I saw it the first time, I figured she had to be someone, but I was taken in by the wedding itself. I was shocked when I saw it the second time! She is wearing a white and red dress.
    Along with her was Melissa Rosenberg (screenwriter) and Wyck Godfrey (producer). I thought Spegs looked great!

stepheniemeyercameo.jpg
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

The one little touch I appreciated was the song playing while they said their vows. Iron and Wine's Flightless Bird (American Mouth). It was the same song that played at the end of the first one when they were dancing in the gazebo and she was begging for him to change her.
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    The one little touch I appreciated was the song playing while they said their vows. Iron and Wine's Flightless Bird (American Mouth). It was the same song that played at the end of the first one when they were dancing in the gazebo and she was begging for him to change her.
    Yeah, I caught that the second time too. They also brought Bella's lullaby back from the first movie, which was cool. And at the end, the montage is beautiful and I really loved how they showed flashbacks from the three previous movies. For some reason, that made me like the movie more - that they were paying homage to what came before.
    JavaJo likes this.

My favorite parts were on the honeymoon...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when she comes out in the black nightie and tries to strike a sexy pose and he starts laughing and rolls over and when she flops down in the sexy white gown and he covers her. That scene just had me smiling...it was cute and light hearted. The other favorite was the end...when she's transforming and then the last shot where her eyes fly openit's just so startling and oddly, beautiful.

She's playing Snow White in an upcoming movie and I had trouble seeing her in that roll.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    But with her laying there during that final scene...I can totally see it now. She looked so beautiful and Snow White-esque.

I'm using spoilers because I dont' want to give anything away yet to those who haven't watched it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, JavaJo, those were my favorite parts of the honeymoon...plus Bella's nervousness. I have to say that I thought TL was way better than RP during most of the movie, though...RP was only good, in my opinion, in the above scenes and when he was talking to Bella about the pregnancy,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that she didn't consult him/her partner/ about not having an abortion
    . Lautner may not be a great actor, but I thought he was very convincing as that character....just what an 18 year old or so in that situation would be like. And
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when he slumped to the floor when he really saw the baby...and the montage of the baby as a grown up...
    made the whole imprinting thing (which I really disliked in the books) work for me.
    Saw it this pm (Thanksgiving Sunday afternoon) to a 2/3 full theater. Told my row there was another scene coming and they all stayed while others left. I couldn't quite make out what the Volturi were saying...I swear they were complaining about the wording or spelling of Carlyle's message---can that be right? I mean I understood when they said the actual content, but there seemed to be some sniping before that.

I also saw the Snow White preview...certainly a different take on Snow White! I hear there's a competing SW movie coming out as well.

There are two Snow White movies coming out the summer of 2012. The darker more fantastical is Snow White and the Huntsman starring Kristin Stewart as Snow White. The other movie is more Disney like starring Julia Roberts as the Evil Queen. I have seen trailers for both, Snow White and the Huntsman looks way better. But I do think they are targeting different audiences.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread