+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

My daughter, the uber-Twilight fan, saw it last night. She just thought it was "okay" and said the talking wolves sounded like the Transformers. The bed-breaking bit made them giggle. She's all about the scary stuff (and Robert Pattinson), and she & her friends proclaimed the creepy baby "cool". I think I'll just wait for the DVD, myself.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

finally saw a picture and video of the wedding dress...the back of the dress is a dream but the front almost looked like patch work and was blah
    FireWoman likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    finally saw a picture and video of the wedding dress...the back of the dress is a dream but the front almost looked like patch work and was blah
    Where did you see it? I've been looking for it and ....nothing. I was going to go see it on Tuesday, but the husband has to work and he wants to see it since I've dragged him to all the others. He says he might as well watch the rest of them to see what happens....lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

it was in u tube a german version but it showed the wedding dress
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

How come you can't find a pic of the wedding dress anywhere, especially now that the movie has been released?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

"When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

That is pretty much it.. but you dont get the see the front well enough to see how patched together it looks. That back was beautiful.. the front to me looked like a padded female stormtrooper. I expected more from Carolina Herrera to be honest.. i was left flat.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I like the dress - front and back. It made her look more buxom than she is. I thought it was funny how the movie faked you out about the dress
    Count your blessings!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

LOL, yes it did do that for her if nothing else.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I saw it yesterday. I thought the dress was very nice, but I can see where people are coming from regarding the seams in the front.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. I actually think Kristin Stewart *may* be getting better as an actress. There were points where I actually believed her! When these movies started I thought that Rob Pattinson was doing a much better job in the acting department, but at this point I feel like KS has made progress, and he is kind of stuck in the same stilted broodiness that he has always had. They also did a really good job making KS look haggard during the pregnancy.

The low point for me was the wolf telepathic communication. Lame. When it started I was thinking it wasn't so bad, but it quickly got worse. They are still themselves inside those bodies, but the voice altering affect they used made them sound ridiculous. It was difficult to even tell who was talking. I'm just glad they limited it to one scene!!

When I am watching movies like this, I always seem to have the book version running through my mind filling in the gaps. When Edward cut the baby out of Bella with his teeth I was just thinking that people who haven't read the book are not going to get why he chewed the baby out of her!! I think they may have mentioned something that alluded to the "protective layer" around the baby earlier, but I didn't think it was enough to make the point.

When the credits started I got up to walk out, but then sat down at the end of the row when I remembered the comment here about the Volturi scene after the credits. I never would have caught it if it hadn't been for the comment I read here, so Thank You KatesMom!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 11-23-2011 at 11:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread