+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Apparently (according to the NY Times Sunday Styles section) SM has been working with Carolyn Herrerra on the design of the wedding dress, and the studio has authorized a company to make copies that will be available only a few days after the movie openes. "Bella" has commented that the dress is unbelievably tight, but the copies will be looser.

My daughter and some of my friends already have their tickets to the midnight showing. They're all pretty excited.

one of my daughters friends works at the movie theatre and said it was like a mad zoo...all 15 screens showing it all night long...I can't believe its 1:30 and no one has posted a pic of the dress yet..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I heard that there are some pretty bizarre merchandise created to cash in on the Breaking Dawn craze, they mentioned some on the radio but now I don't remember what they are. I do know that they are going to be offering the wedding dress on sale though.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was there with two of my adult daughters (one of which is a super fan and has read all the books many times) and the worst part of the night was waiting 30 minutes for popcorn!
    I've never read any of the books, but my daughter was pleased with last night's movie. She was afraid she would be mad at how they interpretted parts of it. (She hated the original, which is still my favorite)
    The ending scared the poo outta me, tho.......
    Oh, and her dress was beautiful, except I didn't like the patchwork look on the front. Simple princess-type seams would have been better, IMO. The back was stunning. Nice to see Bella and Kate are bringing back wedding dresses with sleeves. I am so done with strapless everything.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    I was there with two of my adult daughters (one of which is a super fan and has read all the books many times) and the worst part of the night was waiting 30 minutes for popcorn!
    I've never read any of the books, but my daughter was pleased with last night's movie. She was afraid she would be mad at how they interpretted parts of it. (She hated the original, which is still my favorite)
    The ending scared the poo outta me, tho.......
    Oh, and her dress was beautiful, except I didn't like the patchwork look on the front. Simple princess-type seams would have been better, IMO. The back was stunning. Nice to see Bella and Kate are bringing back wedding dresses with sleeves. I am so done with strapless everything.
    The article I read about the dress mentioned that the only description in the book is the row of buttons in the back.

Have to say the reviews I've read have been both negative and highly amusing, but written in a way that indicates the reviewers know the movie is review proof. My favorite line describing the difference between Jacob and Edward (in a "what you need to know without reading the books" article) described Edward as pasty and emo....clearly a reviewer on Team Jacob. Every review talked about Jacob's abs (one review timed how long it took for them to appear...apparently 6 seconds) and his weak acting skills, but generally said that he seemed more into the movie than either Bella or Edward...some even called them bored.
    One reviewer really liked that this movie put Bella back at the center of things.
    For those who've seen it, did your audience laugh when Edward crushed the bed? One review said that happened in his/her theater.
    But of course I"m going to see it, once the audience thins out. Don't like packed theaters.

I saw it. There were a number of places where people laughed - that was one of them. I liked it, but I think the reviews have been accurate. If you are a fan of the books and/or movies, you will enjoy it. No one who wasn't already a fan is going to be blown away. I liked some things - like the battle at the end and how the truce is restored. Since Bella was mid-conversion during that part in the book, it's not something you know - but I thought the way they did it in the movie was probably pretty close to how it actually went down.

One thing I will note for those who haven't seen it yet - stay for the credits. There is a snippet at the end with the Volturi that is not only a bit entertaining, but also is the set up for the next movie.

Saw it today. Thought it was great. Best one in my opinion and I was not a fan of the last book. I LOVED the wedding scene with her walking down the aisle about to freak out and then she saw Edward and she calmed down.... I just got married two weeks ago and went through the same thing. Cried like a baby through that scene. Only thing I did not like was the talking wolves. It made me giggle. Other then that, I enjoyed it and will be seeing it next week again with some other friends.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I saw it. There were a number of places where people laughed - that was one of them. I liked it, but I think the reviews have been accurate. If you are a fan of the books and/or movies, you will enjoy it. No one who wasn't already a fan is going to be blown away. I liked some things - like the battle at the end and how the truce is restored. Since Bella was mid-conversion during that part in the book, it's not something you know - but I thought the way they did it in the movie was probably pretty close to how it actually went down.

One thing I will note for those who haven't seen it yet - stay for the credits. There is a snippet at the end with the Volturi that is not only a bit entertaining, but also is the set up for the next movie.
    Thank you! I really appreciate those warnings!

I thought the talking wolves were totally dumb.
    And I also thought that something was missing....and the reviewer that said it looked like Edward and Bella were bored hit the nail on the head. Jacob was clearly more into it than the other two leads, from my perspective, having not read any of the books.
    My son's girlfriend, who has read the books, said they should've just made BD into one movie instead of splitting it in two. She said part 1 covered about 3/4 of the book.
    What does anyone else think?

+ Reply to Thread