+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Social Network

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The Social Network

This has gotten rave reviews locally, despite a number of complaints that it doesn't accurately represent at the least the "hero's" motivation (e.g., he says he never had any interest in final clubs...sort of prep school only frats). Anyone seen it yet?

Re: The Social Network

I just saw it tonight, I thought it was pretty good

I thought the actor who portrayed him did a good job, however, I thought the movie made Zuckerberg seem like he had autism or asperger's

I knew that Zuckerberg was sued by his friends over facebook, but I didn't know he was in two lawsuits or that the guy from Napster played a role in all this

But if you are a fan of facebook, I recommend

and make sure to catch the line about the "movie star" who was on facebook when it first started

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just saw it--really good. I agree, he seems (in the film) almost like a high functioning Asperger person. You feel really sorry for him in some ways, losing what is essentially his only friend.
    Some very funny lines---Jewish boys, east Asian girls...
    So who was the movie star who was on Facebook from the start? I know a lot of movie stars have gone to Harvard (and Yale), afer they were already famous (usually women), but I forget who would have been there in the early part of this decade.
    I also didn't know about the Napster guy being involved.

CCL

I thought the movie star referenced was Natalie Portman but she apparently graduated the year before (in 2003) so...not sure.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I think so too CCL, when facebook first started it was for current students and alumni

Big interview with the Facebook CEO on 60 minutes last night. Didn't watch the movie, didn't watch the interview. But did see that these twin brothers did get a 65 million dollar settlement from the CEO and still want more. Greedy little buggers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

It's all relative. If he (Zuckerberg) is worth a billion dollars because of facebook and they (the Winklevoss twins) feel that the idea (for facebook) was just as much theirs (and, most importantly, can prove that & that they've been wronged in their settlement ie given the wrong financial figures or what have you) then they deserve a more equal piece of the pie.

Thing is the twins have settled can they still legally go after more and more?

Anyway the interview had a writer on who coined the tern "toddler CEO" and while she did say the twins had a legitimate claim that enough is enough and that the CEO is a true entrepreneur while they are not and without the CEO there would not be a Facebook or a settlement.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Still have not seen the movie, but I did watch 60 Minutes.
    I can't believe the engineers working for him work through the night. They showed the toothbrushes, etc. on their desks. Sure didn't seem like work / life balance to me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4121497;
    Thing is the twins have settled can they still legally go after more and more?
    They can if they can prove that the previous settlement was reached based on false information. Wouldn't be the first time someone has disputed a settlement.

Do I personally think they deserve more? Probably not. But I'm not surprised they are trying for more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast