+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Social Network

Re: The Social Network

Saw the movie twice.
    I thought it was well done, as the style of the movie and the interspersing of current courtroom and prior scenes made it seem like you were on Facebook.
    I've seem Mark Zuckerburg interviewed a number of times. I think the actor did a great job of portraying him. Zuckerburg does seem to come across like he has Asperger's. He is very socally inept.
    I felt sorriest for Eduardo's character. He was totally wounded by what Mark did to him.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I felt sorriest for Eduardo's character. He was totally wounded by what Mark did to him.

I agree with this! I felt badly for Eduardo and how he was mislead and tricked into signing the contract. Obviously, Zuckerburg knew and intentionally put in the hidden clause. It really changed how I feel about facebook and Zuckerburg. I thought the movie was good..... but not so good as to garner academy award nominations.

I agree that my sympathies were with Eduardo, although of course, we do not know what his settlement was. I hope he was awarded big damages. I don't use Facebook very much, and I'm kind of glad about that now. I do not think Zuckerberg is ill. Rather, I think like many others with his type of mind, he thinks faster than he can talk, which contributes to conversations that make sense to him, but not to the other person(s). It's the "your answers don't match my questions," effect.

We all felt that the movie was good, but not up to Academy Award standards. We do feel that Jesse Eisenberg's nomination was deserved. His portrayal of Zuckerberg was excellent.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I read some articles about this movie and some of the books based on Facebook and it was a much more biased view. Don't feel sorry for Eduardo or the twins they are all billionaires due to their Facebook stock. As for Educardo, he was supposed to do 3 things for the company when he was doing his internment ship in NYC while the others went to California. He was supposed to develop a business model for the company, get more investor and I forget what the third was. He never did any of that. Because he was on the original paperwork the two in California had to run everything past him. The trouble is he never responded and that caused a lot of problems for the two in California. remember it is a movie and the writers did have creative license to make it more dramatic than perhaps it really was.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12