+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wall Street (2010)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Wall Street (2010)

We watched the original Wall Street this week in preparation for going to see the sequel. And it's a good idea to do so if you don't remember most of the old movie.

The casting was good, the premise was good, and IMHO Michael Douglas redeemed himself for the last dud of a movie he was in.

I had not remembered seeing Carey Mulligan before, although she did play one of Keira Knightley's sisters in a version of Pride & Prejudice. She is absolutely adorable, and I loved her in Wall Street.

We also saw the previews for the new Denzel Washington movie, Unstoppable. Looks like a nail-biter!

Re: Wall Street (2010)

Thanks for the review, AZ.

I just read a rather scathing one in our paper. Basically, they said, that Stone turned the movie over to Shia and that was a mistake.
    Sounds like Douglas wasn't in it that much.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4068555;
    Thanks for the review, AZ.

I just read a rather scathing one in our paper. Basically, they said, that Stone turned the movie over to Shia and that was a mistake.
    Sounds like Douglas wasn't in it that much.
    Lots of Shia, but I thought he was really good. Douglas wasn't in the first part much, but was pivotal to the plot. I sometimes have trouble following story lines, but IMHO, this was a smooth-flowing plot line, and the conflicts and interactions between characters was easy to keep straight.

Must confess, though, I thought Eli Wallach had died several years ago. He was very frail looking in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4068696;
    Lots of Shia, but I thought he was really good. Douglas wasn't in the first part much, but was pivotal to the plot. I sometimes have trouble following story lines, but IMHO, this was a smooth-flowing plot line, and the conflicts and interactions between characters was easy to keep straight.

Must confess, though, I thought Eli Wallach had died several years ago. He was very frail looking in the movie.
    Glad to hear that, then, as the reviews were pretty scathing.

I must confess I thought Mr. Wallach was, too. I read, however, that he's in his 90's. Good for him to still be acting. He was always a terrific actor.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread