+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Matrix: Reloaded - 5/15 (MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN!)

The Matrix: Reloaded

well i searched for as long as i was willing and i couldn't find a previous thread about the new upcoming matrix movie, but i have to say, I AM SO EXCITED!!! i've been waiting forever for this movie to come out and now i have my tickets already purchased for this thursday at 8:30pm! whoohoo!! plllllllllluuuuuuuuuus, i only have to wait 6 months for the 3rd matrix movie! now that's more like it!

anybody else anxiously awaiting the matrix movie or am i all alone?

I can't wait either, sher. I usually wait for the dvd release, but I'll have to go to the movies to see this one! I hope it's as good as I think it's gonna be!

I'm with you guys! I've been so excited about this sequel. It's supposed to be really good too. I'm glad they won't make us wait forever for the next one...like with the LOTR movies.

Bought my ticket for Wednesday night's 1000PM showing!!! Guess they're kinda lax with the May 15th release date!

I can't wait!
    ~M o s a i K~

The Matrix Reloaded (2003) - 5/15
    [IMG]images/img/matrix.jpg[/IMG]
    Synopsis: Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, and the rest of their crew continue to battle the machines that have enslaved the human race in the Matrix. As their quest unfolds, Neo learns more about his super-heroic abilities, including the ability to see the codes of the people and things around him. Simultaneously, now, more humans are waking up out of the Matrix and attempting to live in the real world. As their numbers grow, the battle moves to Zion--the last real-world city and center of human resistance.

Statistics
    Genre(s): Action, Sci-Fi Sequel, Thriller Rating: MPAA R: sci-fi violence and some sexuality Runtime: 139 mins. Theatrical Release: 05/15/2003

Cast & Role
    Keanu Reeves - Neo
    Laurence Fishburne - Morpheus
    Carrie-Anne Moss - Trinity
    Joe Pantoliano - Cypher
    Hugo Weaving - Agent Smith
    Jada Pinkett Smith - Niobi
    Nona Gaye - Zee
    Daniel Bernhardt - Agent Johnson

Crew & Credit
    Larry Wachowski & Andy Wachowski - Directors

Sorry, guys! I was asleep at the wheel. Here's a little bit more info about Matrix Reloaded.

Jada Pinkett-Smith has joined the cast, and I think she's perfect for this movie. My guess is that this movie will be the blockbuster of this summer!

Can't wait to see it.

the trailers look awesome.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I loved the first Matrix. This definitely seems like one of those movies you have to experience in a theater, on the big screen, with the booming surround sound.

I am dying to see Reloaded & Revolutions. I am still recovering from a back injury, and can't sit for long periods of time--am considering going to one of those theaters with armrests you can put up (so I can lie down on the seats). This will have to be, of course, when the crowds die down--otherwise I would be at the theater right now with my friends.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Don't worry... no spoilers in this post:

I just got back from watching The Matrix Reloaded at my nearest stadium-seating equipped multiplex... and I have to say that it was really great, but in my opinion, it is weak in comparison to the first Matrix.

Let me explain...

The original Matrix had a great storyline, furious action, excellent pace, the element of surprise, and perhaps most importantly, a certain mystique about it. It was dark and filled with intrigue, yet it was fresh and new and exciting - we had never seen anything quite like it before.

Fast forward to the present...

The Matrix Reloaded continues to chronicle the adventures of Neo as he and his mates struggle to save humankind from the wrath & enslavement of the machines. The problem is, we pretty much know the story, the element of surprise is not as strong, the mystique and mystery is there but not like it once was, and the pace... oh the pace... the first half of the movie just plods along.

So we're left with action... and what GLORIOUS action!!! If you discount the advanced bullet-time sequences at the beginning of the film, then things don't really get rolling until the gang pays the "Frenchman" (and the LOVELY Monica Bellucci) a visit. From that point on, it's a non-stop thrill ride... and the motorcycle scene that follows is perhaps the coolest chase scene I have ever seen.

Interspersed, we get a bunch of bullsh*t philosophical banter/mumbo-jumbo and some very blah kung-fu scenes that seem slow and just SO yesterday.

One other thing I'd like to point out... for a movie event of this magnitude, they should give us some CGI that doesn't look like CGI (refer to Neo's fight with the legion of Smiths).

Overall I enjoyed the movie immensely, except for some slow parts, confusing philosophies, and some honestly boring kung fu sequences... Worth the price of admission for the motorcycle chase alone. However, the original Matrix still rules.
    ~M o s a i K~

I agree to some extent, Mosaik...

I actually fell asleep during the first part of the movie, but once the action began, I had no problem staying awake. I thought the movie was amazing, but I think it is definitely the "Empire Strikes Back" of the Matrix trilogy.

I think it is still really great, though. I can't remember the last time I was giddy with delight watching a movie (Well, since The Two Towers).

I give it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast