+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Matrix: Reloaded - 5/15 (MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN!)

Cheesy.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

SPOILERS below!!!

did the architect really say that his feelings for trinity were different than before? i SO don't remember that. i remember what mosaik quoted though. that's why i thought him trying to save trinity was what he had done before and was supposed to do.

i didn't think that him being successful in saving trinity was necessarily different though. i thought that the implication was that in going to save trinity instead of zion, he was insuring ALL of their deaths . . eventually . . because zion would be gone . . blah blah blah.

his only hope is to save zion, stop this cycle from repeating itself, but that would definitely lead to trinity's death as well. and if he tries to save trinity first, he will not have time to go back and find the architect again before the sentinels get to zion. that's what i was thinking. i think.

as for the superman thing, hubby and i were discussing this. but really, how many other positions can you use to fly and not look like a dork?

SPOILERS, etc.

---

I remember The Architect saying that it was unique for Neo to have feelings of love for a specific individual, namely Trinity. The other five all felt protective towards their entire race.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I saw this movie last night. I am definitely not a special effects gal or an action movie gal, but I loved this movie. The fight scenes and the highway scene was amazing. Keanu looked very hot in it too as did Carrie Ann. I also was expecting to get quite confused about the story line, but I seemed to understand most of it.

All in all, I give this 4 out of 5 stars.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Thanks Mosaik and Paulie--

Although I am still quite confused, your insight and analysis has cleared a few things up. I need to see the movie again, and then probably again.

The main problem I had with this sequel is that, it seems to me that in the original, the "philosophy" and questions and answers regarding the matrix and the prophecy were meted out in bite size bits that you could grasp onto and deseminate without heavy thinking. Whereas in the sequel, we got the same thing in 2 huge, massive chunks that left me with a lot of questions.

***SPOILERS AHEAD!***

Mosaik, a friend of mine layed the "matrix within a matrix" theory on me this past weekend and my jaw dropped. By jove, I think you have it!! But wow!!! What are the ramifations of that for the human race? How can they escape and eventually destroy the machines? It all leads back to the question "How did the original leavers of the matrix manage to get out?" A question I have been asking since the first time I saw the original. I mean, obviously, the first "mind" to leave the matrix did not have a ship ready to recover his/her body after the machines flushed him/her out, right? So their MUST be a second matrix wherein the first person out, was assisted by the architect or whoever.

It all leaves me with more questions than I can even think of!! And also leads me to believe that "Revolutions" will end bleakly.

My brain hurts!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Cheers dobalina!

*S P O I L E R S * A H E A D* But you already knew that...

I think that *if* the "matrix within the matrix" theory were to be true... then there were in fact no "orginal leavers of the matrix" as you put it.

My guess is that Zion itself is an illusion, or part of the 2nd matrix... so that means everyone who believes that they have escaped the matrix only thinks that way because the makers of the matrix have implemented this falsehood as yet another system control... in this case to satiate the especially restless minds.

Or something like that.

As for the Architect or the Oracle "helping" them out of the matrix, well yes this would have to be so, as they had to set the falsehood and the illusion in motion somehow...

*BTW, haha - this is all just good & fun discussion - I don't for a second claim to be right or know what is going on any more than the next person... Just some ideas kicking around in my head*
    ~M o s a i K~

i was absolutely right. i hated it. it was hard to follow, there was no real storyline, i didn't care about any of the characters this time around. and, you couldn't even see keanu's ass the majority of the time, what with his (very feminine looking) black "duster". it just seemed like it was trying too hard to be "cool".
    I'm with you on this one - kind of!! I also couldn't wait for the Matrix Reloaded - loved the first one with a passion to the point where, like someone else who posted, I bought it for my collection. I guess disappointment plays a part because if I was seeing it for the first time, maybe it would have been better. Sure the effects were great and all, but it was the storyline and the 'philosophy' that I felt let it down. I guess everyone interprets the Matrix (1) in their own way, for me it had some amazing things to say about our lives NOW, whereas Reloaded veers off into more of a sci-fi fantasy thing. Oh well
    "This above all: to thine own self be true." -William Shakespeare, Hamlet

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I finally saw this movie.

Yes, I realize it came out about 2 months ago, but if you knew how few movies we go to see in a year at the theater (maybe 3 tops), I feel it was a great accomplishment.

Of course I came here first thing to try to figure out the ending. The entire way home I thought I was just too dumb to "get it" because I was really confused. I'm glad to see that everyone has their own opinions about what all this meant and is equally confused!

I think I could have watched this on DVD and been just as happy as I was at the theater though. In fact, then I could have rewound a couple of times. I was horrified to see not only 2 12 year olds sitting in front of us (their dad off to the side), but a man with 2 children that were 8 at the most.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

SPOILER----------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone. When I saw this movie my first thought was similar to Mosaik. It has to be a matrix within a matrix.
    Recently I was flipping around Movie Mistakes.com and came upon ruined endings in the site. If you scroll down izelord states "They were inside another matrix the whole time" for The Matrix Revolutions.
    Even though this may be true there is some major differences this revolution of the Matrix. One is the fact that Neo choose a " HUMAN" response to save Trinity,not a logical, machine response.
    Two... Agent Smith. He is an anomaly. Even he does not understand what he is, but he is outside the machine as identified when he takes over a Agent who is surprised that he could be there. There is an old analogy that I think, therefore I am. Agent Smith fits this very well.
    In the first movie he " hates" this place, he feels rage and arrogance.
    In Reloaded he wants to take revenge on Neo.
    My thinking is that Smith will be very important to saving the human race in Revolutions.

One last thought. We almost always think of a revolution as an uprising,so to speak, against a higher power like when the American Colonies revolted against England. But a revolution is also a turning of a circular object like a wheel. Revolutions ( the next movie) could simply be the returning of Neo to the Matrix. The 6th " revolution" so to speak.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

Princess
    Finally I got to see this movie too . I thought it was pretty awesome, but I think some of the action scenes could have been a just a liiiittle bit shorter.
    When I came home I went and did a search on the web for some explanation of the "theory" behind it all (I knew there was one, but I didn't want to read it before seeing the movie as I was afraid there would be too many spoilers). (Keywords: "matrix reloaded gnostic", for those who like to know)

SPOILER WARNING BELOW

I found this site to be very informative. This one was not bad.
    This site offers some explanations plus two interesting theories about what's going to happen in Revolution (and theories about what it all is relly about) and also some transcripts (the Neo-Architect dialogue, for example).

From the transcript:

"The Architect: The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race."
    "The Architect: Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source, and the salvation of Zion. The door to the left leads back to the matrix, to her, and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you're going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic, and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple, and obvious truth: she is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it."

I.e. as the Architect presents it to Neo, he has the choise of killing all humans - those in Zion as well as those in the matrix (left door), OR to only kill those in Zion and get to build up a new Zion with 23 people of his choise from those connected to the Matrix (right door). Whatever he chooses, all people in the current Zion will be killed.
    Neo, unlike his predecessors (as we are led to believe anyway) choses the left door, and thus the destruction of humanity, to save Trinity.

Can't wait for the Revolution!

Oh, btw, the coat Neo is wearing is a priest's cassock - probably because he is representing Jesus (Messiah).
    Last edited by Modesty; 07-11-2003 at 06:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345