+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Matrix: Reloaded - 5/15 (MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN!)

I need some help here. My 15.5 year old daughter wants to see Matrix Reloaded, but it is Rated R. Now I did let her see Matrix (but just about a month ago). I have heard the Matrix Reloaded is not appropriate because of one particular scene. What do you'all think?

Hmmmm.... There is one scene towards the beginning part of the movie where Neo and Trini are "doing it" plus the whole town is outside dirty dancing. I don't think it's that bad for 15 year olds, but then again I don't have any kids. Sorry, I can't help you out.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Eh... I can see where the ratings were justified on some places... But et us go back to what the bloodhound gang said before about the discovery channel and we'll shall see....
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Originally posted by Mosaik

PS:

@ Aptly_Named

Re: Empire Strikes Back... you don't mean to say that you thought Empire was uneven or slow or only half-good do you??? You mean that it was the inconclusive bridge to Return of the Jedi, just as Reloaded seems to be to Revolutions, right? Tell me that's what you meant!

Inconclusive bridge - no clear winner - looks like bad guys may have the upper hand - whatever you want to call it, that is absolutely what I meant. I think Empire is the best Star Wars movie made.

Just another thought on "Reloaded" - I have a coworker who is not only a bit of a know-it-all, but is much more obsessed with all things Matrix than I am. I actually had to admit to him that the "philosophical mumbo jumbo" was a bit over my head (ouch) - and that I also found it to be a bit uneven. He went to see it on Tuesday, then went again on Wednesday, and said that it was much better the second time around. I will have to prove that theory (darn!)

Thanks for the comments Wolf and ixcrisxi. I will have to give it some more thought. Doesn't sound like a good movie to go to with a boy though!

Re: The Matrix: Reloaded

Originally posted by shersidhe
    well i searched for as long as i was willing and i couldn't find a previous thread about the new upcoming matrix movie, but i have to say, I AM SO EXCITED!!! i've been waiting forever for this movie to come out and now i have my tickets already purchased for this thursday at 8:30pm! whoohoo!! plllllllllluuuuuuuuuus, i only have to wait 6 months for the 3rd matrix movie! now that's more like it!

anybody else anxiously awaiting the matrix movie or am i all alone?
    No Sher you aren't /weren't. I saw the first one about 10 times and couldn't wait to see this.

Went last night and my boyfriend woke me up at one point. I thought it started out slow - got good - then I was just tired.

I woke back up and HATED the ending. I haven't read the replies here yet and am thinking I'm alone on this one. I was very disappointed.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

whoever asked about their kid seeing it.....

My daughter is soon to be 17. I wouldn't have had a problem with her seeing it at 15.5

There's a lot more she seen (not with my permission)

Her guy friends all went to see this - the girls just weren't as excited about it. The sex scene was not "too much" the orgy looking scene was a little much but, not too bad.

If she's a big Matrix fan she should not go at all.

I just don't think it was very good.

X-Men had a way better sequel.

BTW I never saw Keanu's ass. That stupid coat hid it. He didn't look too good either. Kind of pale and sick looking.

OH well. I think I am giving up on movie theaters anyway. They all smell around here.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Originally posted by StevieM
    X-Men had a way better sequel.

BTW I never saw Keanu's ass. That stupid coat hid it. He didn't look too good either. Kind of pale and sick looking

I also thought X-men sequel is way way better than the Matrix sequel. I even went to see XMen:United again at the theatre, and I rarely ever go twice.

Stevie, I also agree about Keanu looking too sickly and pale. Nothing exciting about his butt, imo.

FORT Newbie
    The conversation between neo and the architect was very important. Not only would it make sense of the entire movie but it gave the story line a very interesting twist. A very good plotline and I am anxiously awaiting the 3rd episode. One of the best sequels i've seen.

Though the conversation was a bit confusing. **SPOILER coming up*******. The essence of the conversaton was that THE ONE, the individual with the super powers in the matrix, is actually given such powers by the matrix. Neo is the 6th? reincarnation of the THE ONE. He was led to the architect, the father of the matrix, by the mother of the matrix, the oracle. His purpose wasn't putting an end to the war against the machines as the fictitious prophecy envisioned and morpheus believed. When THE ONE meets the architect, he was suppose to complete the cycle of THE ONE. All the people of Zion were to be killed by the machines except 27 individuals that THE ONE will pick out. The machines have easily dispatched of the humans in zion 5 times already. Then the 27 individuals will rebuild zion and the cycle will begin again. The purpose of the cycle was due to the human's unacceptance of the matrix world. THE ONE had a choice of obeying the orders of the architect otherwise the slaughter of zion will leave no humans out in the real world. And eventually, the unacceptance of the matrix world by the encapsulated humans will lead to their deaths. This is bad for the machines but they have an alternate source of energy planned. And it is definitely bad for the human race as no more humans would exist. Neo, unlike his THE ONE predecessor, fell in love. And it is LOVE that makes him choose to save trinity. ***end of SPOILER*****

aifan, I agree that the techno-babble between the architect and Neo is very important because it is the basis of the whole story. It was interesing, but the delivery was so boring. It was putting me to sleep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast