+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Matrix: Reloaded - 5/15 (MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN!)

I thought it kicked ass.

Speaking of ass, KEANU ASS. OMG.

YUMMY

Originally posted by Mosaik
    Interspersed, we get a bunch of bullsh*t philosophical banter/mumbo-jumbo and some very blah kung-fu scenes that seem slow and just SO yesterday.
    I have to agree with you to some extent, too, Mosaik.
    I was a bit bored during some of the "philosophical" talk. Compared to say Jet Li's and Jackie Chan's fast action moves (with no need for computer animation, I might add), the kung-fu fighting scenes were really slow. However, the scenes that did have action were unbelievably cool! I did enjoy the movie, but I still liked the first one better.

I liked em both. They couldnt have really done anything else...

i liked mosaik's recap!

i enjoyed the movie immensely, but yes, the first was better. and the philosophical mumbo jumbo was rather long-winded.

Yeah almost a week later, I am still wondering why those Kung Fu scenes were so slow and "long-winded" if non-verbal action can be described that way. It was as though they were going for style by showing the fight scenes in slow motion - a la John Woo - but ended up with some weird sequences that were too fast to be slow motion and too slow to look ANY GOOD AT ALL!?!?

If there is one thing I can say about this movie now that some more people have seen it... it's a discussion starter if there ever was one!!! Upon talking to anyone who has seen the flick, I can't seem to help but get into some sort of lengthy discussion about the philosophies and plotlines put forward by the script.

Some have mentioned that this is the hallmark of a great film... ironically I don't think the actual screenplay and writing in this installment deserve much of the credit. To me, the originality & the power of the story put forth by the first film carries through to this release, making the contents of the "philosophical mumbo-jumbo" almost irrelevant.

The question "What is the Matrix?" was posed by the first film, and to this day we are still looking for answers to that one basic question, because each time we think we know, the mere presence of the "philosophical mumbo-jumbo" reminds us that we don't.

My theory is that there is "a matrix within the matrix." Anyone else? I can elaborate if asked.

Cheers,

M

PS:

@ Aptly_Named

Re: Empire Strikes Back... you don't mean to say that you thought Empire was uneven or slow or only half-good do you??? You mean that it was the inconclusive bridge to Return of the Jedi, just as Reloaded seems to be to Revolutions, right? Tell me that's what you meant!

@ duckgirl

Can't really say that Keanu's ass affected my enjoyment one way or the other... Maybe it's just one of those things where I wouldn't really notice a difference unless he spent the whole movie walking around with no ass? Yeah that's gotta be it. Just messin' around!
    ~M o s a i K~

i loved the first matrix - loved it. in fact, there was the basis for a very wonderful religion there! lol but, i was afraid that reloaded was just going to be a bunch of fireworks with none of what i loved about the first one. i didn't even want to see it. but, my very persistent husband dragged me to it, because he just HAD to see it in the theater...and, i was absolutely right. i hated it. it was hard to follow, there was no real storyline, i didn't care about any of the characters this time around. and, you couldn't even see keanu's ass the majority of the time, what with his (very feminine looking) black "duster". it just seemed like it was trying too hard to be "cool". how truly pathetic.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Well, I actually liked the movie. Yes, the ending with the architect confused me a little bit and so did a lot of the philosophical ideas. I eventually figured them out though. The action was great. I enojyed all the fight scenes. When Neo was fighting the Smiths with that pole, the CGI was very obvious...a little disappointing, but I'll live. I like the first Matrix better, but this is a totally different movie. There can almost be no comparisan. So, I'm very happy with how the movie turned out.

ok, mosaik, elaborate!

i'm still trying to figure out what the ending meant. it all came to an end so quickly. is zion gone or there's still hope to saving it?

Conservative til the end! msvicki's Avatar
    I too (like most of you), anxiously awaited the release of Matrix Reloaded. I LOVED the first one. I rarely love a flick well enough to buy it but Matrix is one in our library. I'd been panting after this sequel for some time.
    Boy, was I sorely disappointed. No real story line. Characters seemed shallow this time around. The fight scenes were WAY overkill.....in fact, the entire movie was "too much" of what they tried to accomplish (and did a fine job of it) in the first one.
    I absolutely loved the XMen sequel and thought "maybe there's a new day for sequels here"??? Not so with Matrix Reloaded. My three sons work at the theatre so I didn't pay for the ticket....if I had, I would have asked for a refund.

Another thing that made no sense at all was the tribal dance scene when the producers are trying to prove how "evolved" we've become. The dance did not fit the movie.

The only good thing about this movie, was the shot of Keanu's butt.

Just for the record.....my 18 yr old son loved it! That should have told me something right there. We seldom agree on movies.
    Ms. Vicki

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast