+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Expendables

The Expendables

So I`m seeing this tonight. Has anyone here seen it yetÉ

old cow

Re: The Expendables

Saw it, loved it!

If you take it for what it is (a shoot 'em up action movie) then you'll enjoy it more.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I thought it was just okay... Loved Jason Statham (as usual). I thought it started a little slowly.

I went to see it based solely on a radio critics review, claiming she laughed throughout the film. mmmmm........sometimes I really hate it when I listen to the critics. If you want to see a good action film go see Predators, that is an A movie. Expendables on the other hand is a C+ at most. While the idea of a movie with all the past and current action stars is great the exection of this idea suffers. The first half of the movie was good. Lots of inside jokes etc... but then the battle in Vilena started and the movie loses its momentum and actually gets boring.

Impressions, Mickey Roarke, just coming off his part as an Ironman villan, its the hair, has an intense scene. Stallone can act in a limited range. (His face looked off...plastic surgery gone wrong??). Seeing Arnold was fun but jeez Stallone acted better then Arnold. Thankfully, Jason Statham had a meatier role as Lee Christmas and surprise, surprise Charisma Carpenter, Cordelia from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel played his girlfriend.

End results: Watch Predators on the big screen and wait for Netflix for the Expendables.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread