+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salt

Salt

We went to the premier of this Tuesday night, and I have to say, I LOVED IT. I'm not an action movie type of girl. I get too board with those scenes. I'd rather see comedy or a love story, but this one was top notch. Many twists and turns and surprises. I highly recommend it!

Re: Salt

I can't believe I'm only the second to post about this movie. Just watched it on dvd and it's really good. We first watched the Extended Cut and then watched the Theatrical release on another night. Wow, can't believe how the endings were totally changed! There's also a Director's Cut but I just watched a little of the ending of that one, with commentary, to see what the director had in mind with the different endings. The Director's Cut follows a lot of the Theatrical release but at the very end there is a voiceover that you need to pay attention to.

I highly recommend checking out the two different versions. If you don't want to watch all the way through both movies then in the Extended Cut (not Director's) this is where the versions start to really change although there might be some subtle differences beforehand.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Start at the scene when Salt is decked out in her Russian looking outfit on the ferry. When she arrives to see Olov from there things really take a turn.
    Oh yeah, the Extended Cut also
    Click to see Spoiler:
    gives more background about the children being trained and Salt in particular.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I posted about this a while back in one of the movies you watched/rented threads. I was surprised at how good it was. - well acted, well paced, and some unexpected twists. My only complaint was the ending because I don't like movies whose goal appears only to be a setup for the sequel. Maybe I should have watched the alternate version, was the ending different?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I posted about this a while back in one of the movies you watched/rented threads. I was surprised at how good it was. - well acted, well paced, and some unexpected twists. My only complaint was the ending because I don't like movies whose goal appears only to be a setup for the sequel. Maybe I should have watched the alternate version, was the ending different?
    In the alternate version the ending was different but could still be seen as a set-up to a sequel, though not as blatant as the theatrical version. At the part I put in spoilers is where the movie changes from the theatrical release.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread