+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inception

Inception

Wow! What a good movie. It has a great cast, interesting and mysterious plot, and tons of action. I'm glad I saw it in the theater and didn't wait for the dvd because the cinematography was stunning. It's definitely a summer blockbuster that doesn't make you feel dumber after you watch it.

Click to see Spoiler:
    And the ambiguous ending was perfect to me although I'm sure it will make others upset. I think it was still Leo's dream because his kids never got any older. And how did his father-in-law know to pick him up at the airport?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Inception

It got 4 stars from our local reviewer who is pretty fussy, and not open to anything of a SF nature usually.
    I wasn't going to see it as the previews left me totally uninterested, and a little nauseous, all that twirling around of the walls/ceiling.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3987932;
    I wasn't going to see it as the previews left me totally uninterested, and a little nauseous, all that twirling around of the walls/ceiling.
    I'm with you on this. Plus for these kinds of movies, I usually have to take someone along to explain things to me.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I saw this movie earlier today and really enjoyed it a lot!! I went with a 21 and 13 year old. They both got lost during the story. However, I didn't have any trouble following it. It is a film you have to pay attention. To if you want to figure out what's going on! Excellent acting from all of the actors involved!

Brunette trixie -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I like you're theory about the ending. I wondered the same thing about the kids. Hoever, I'm comfortable not making a decision one way or the other!!

FORT Fan

Though I feel that the acting was good, something about the movie, though interesting, felt borrowed. It was too long, and I was amazed at the applause at the end amongst those viewing it in our movie theater. My husband liked it; I, not so much. I felt that if you fast-forward 10 years into movie history, this film would feel a bit hokey, I know I'm in the minority, though here...

Brilliant movie. Best of the year so far. I didn't find it too long at all, though my Mom did.

4/4

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, the New Yorker panned it. Basically too focused on the ideas/effects and not enough on character development. I still have to see Toy Story 3 before this gets on my radar.

Fort Member

I dont normally like these kind of movies but it was my hubbys turn to pick
    I had no problem following it and I am surprized when people say they did as I thought they explained it fairly well as it went along. I also liked the ending and dont think they could have done it any other way
    I didnt love it and agree with others in that it did feel a little long but I enjoyed it

Just saw it yesterday and agree with everyone... you have to pay attention or it will get away from you quickly. For instance, I never quite caught why everyone was shooting at them, or whose head they were in, and what each person on the team was responsible for, but none of that took away from the overall experience. I also liked the ending...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    but I swear, it sounded to me like the top was starting to wind down, snag on the table grain, like it was about to fall.
    Count your blessings!

Inception Ending Explained (and Discussion) - Screen Rant

I found this site to be immensely helpful. WARNING: total spoilers. There are 3 pages and the 3rd page discusses the ending in detail.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast