+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inception

Kao

Re: Inception

Saw this on Sunday and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to see it again (this time in IMAX)!

Hollywood, please give Christopher Nolan more money to make movies with original content like this instead of the tripe we usually get!

Kao

Saw this on Sunday and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to see it again (this time in IMAX)!

Hollywood, please give Christopher Nolan more money to make movies with original content like this instead of the tripe we usually get!

I thought it was an interesting concept for a movie. I knew I would have to pay attention, so I think I caught most of the intricacies. It isn't my usual type of movie, and I have to admit I would have liked more character development. However, as far as effects, it was great, and I liked the overall story.

I saw it tonight and I loved, loved, loved this movie. Smart. Interesting. Full of action. Twisty. The ending! I definitely had to pay attention to keep up with it, but it didn't give me a headache trying to do so, so well done!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just saw it tonight...I'm sure there's been LOTS of argument about the ending in various fora that I've missed. Can someone fill me in on any conclusions? That is,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is the happy ending also a dream?
    Or are we meant to be arguing about it?
    Very intense but enjoyable film. Long, so be sure to hit the bathroom ahead of time---you really don't want to have to leave in the middle and miss one of the few moments of exposition!

PWS - if you go back a page, I posted a link that helped me understand the movie better... including the ending. I loved this movie.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, Gut! That was very helpful. My only quibble is re
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the kids... If he's really been gone that long would the younger child recognize him and come running to him, even if gramps has been showing him daddy's picture every day? Probably not. He acted as if he'd just seen Cobb a week or two earlier. Which, points to it being a wish fulfillment dream, but only to a parent/child psychologist! Maybe not to a movie maker!

I finally rented this and I must say I was greatly disappointed. Most of my friends told me I would love it because the movie is thought provoking and challenging. I suppose they got the challenging part correct.

About 30 minutes in I said--clearly the director will end with us wondering if this was all somebody's dream..and lo and behold there's the ending. Can we stop trying to "sixth sense" everything and just make movies that arent convulted messes designed to generate debate over the ending (or should I say lack thereof). Overall, zero character development, way too complex and ultimately predicatable. I feel like a few folks proclaimed this a great movie (of course, the visual effects and music were stunning but that doesnt replace character development and plot) and everyone just agreed even though there are GIANT holes.
    Im so sad I got hyped up over this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I finally rented this and I must say I was greatly disappointed. Most of my friends told me I would love it because the movie is thought provoking and challenging. I suppose they got the challenging part correct.

About 30 minutes in I said--clearly the director will end with us wondering if this was all somebody's dream..and lo and behold there's the ending. Can we stop trying to "sixth sense" everything and just make movies that arent convulted messes designed to generate debate over the ending (or should I say lack thereof). Overall, zero character development, way too complex and ultimately predicatable. I feel like a few folks proclaimed this a great movie (of course, the visual effects and music were stunning but that doesnt replace character development and plot) and everyone just agreed even though there are GIANT holes.
    Im so sad I got hyped up over this mess.
    I agree competely. Perhaps it's not fair for me to say that, because I did only watch about 30 minutes. I couldn't take it anymore. I really was dissapointed. Perhaps, I will give it another try when it's on HBO for free. I really wanted to like it.

Thanks for the link, Gutmutter. I was quite interested in the second page, the characters and their roles. It struck me that all of the "dream team" roles could be found as characters with similar roles, on a more mundane level, as members of the con teams in the tv shows Hu$tle and Leverage.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12