+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Sorcerer's Apprentice

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

It was classic Nicolas Cage - when he's being more than a little eccentric. Some great "insider" lines alluding to other movies.

If you saw any of the trailers for TSA, you pretty much know what to expect. Not going to get any Academy Awards nominations, but there are worse ways to spend a couple of hours in an air-conditioned room.

See my post in the the Harry Potter thread about the trailer!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Re: The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Saw SA yesterday afternoon. Good movie. Both adults and kids can see it. It is not dumbed down at all. No bad language. No blood and gore. What I really appreciated was the way Disney was able to use the animated short with Mickey Mouse as the Socerer's Apprentice as inspiration and translate it into modern times.

I must admit I thought Nicholas Cage did a great job as Balthazaar. I think many of today's actors are going more for the "Star" aspect of being in films instead of just being a working actor. It limits what you can do and puts incredible pressure on you to carry a multimillion dollar film and there is a certain point you can tank and your career can stall. Kevin Costner is a great example and Nicolas Cage hasn't carried a film in years. But this year Nicolas Cage has juicy parts in both KickAss and The Sorcerer's Apprentice and he does a fabulous job in both.

One of the best scenes in the film in when Dave tries to get the mops to clean up his lab and it gets out of control. The animated mops were great as was the look of dismay on the faces of the electrical outlets the closer the water got to them. This scene was wonderfully intergrated into the film. I also like how the film explains how magic works and how Dave's knowledge of physics makes him a better sorcerer.

There is an extra scene at the very end of the credits. If you don't see it you don't miss too much but it does set the film up for a sequel. But on the other hand you didn't need to see the extra scene to figure out there might be a sequel.

I give major kudos to Jerry Bruckheimer for producing this film. The man must be an organizational genius and have a great staff to be able to produce so many TV shows and movies; as he has done Prince of Persia and The Sorcerer's Apprentice this year. It has gotten to the point that if he has done the project I know I will get quality entertainment and that is not a bad thing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

i saw this movie yesterday..it's fine...nothing unusual..

the most interesting part is the last when Balthazaar and Morgana were fighting and then Dave protected the two couples after Balthazaar was defeated in the battle...

Fort Member

It was just ok I kept thinking how much more they could have done with it.

+ Reply to Thread