+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Just a few months left before Part 1 comes to theaters. Okay, 5 months, but it will fly by. I just saw the new trailer today and it seemed time to start a thread!! According to the trailer we will have Part 1 in Nov 2010 and Part 2 July 2011. I feel like it will be an agonizing wait between the two parts.

If you haven't seen the new trailer you can find it here:
    Movie Talk: New Trailer Marks the Beginning of the End for the 'Harry Potter' Movies

I'm going to have to read the book again before November. At this point I'm still a little perplexed by the two-film decision. I'm curious where they will break between them. Is there enough early action to keep the first part interesting? I hope they don't add a bunch of pointless junk to fill out the two films. The most frustrating aspect of the last film for me was the scene they added where the Weasley home was burned because it didn't add anything to the story. My hope for this is that we get some of the detail they have left out of the past films due to time constraints without having them add a ton of unnecessary stuff in an attempt to make the film "flashy". Maybe they could give some more of the background info on Voldemort (left out of HBP) while they are finding out more about Dumbledore (part of DH)...?

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

i just saw the trailer as well, will the second part really be in July 2011 or will they push it back if breaking dawn part 1 comes out :S

It seems the HP franchise never wants their movies competing with twilight, wasn't HP 7 supposed to come out this JULY?

I like the idea of a two part finale, one, it gives the producer no excuse not to include important details, and I heard the final twilight book will be in two parts as well, maybe its a trend lol

I'm hoping HP 7 is good, it is the last one after all

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm embarrassed to say I've been squealing like a teeny bopper since this trailer came out. But I'm so excited; I can't wait!!

I was going to say I didn't care what they included but after thinking about it, that's wrong -- I hope they develop Hermione's relationship with Kreacher, I hope they redeem Snape and show his history, as well as why he had a doe as his patronus, I hope they make us sob as Harry walks into the forest with his parents and Sirius, and I hope they include Molly cursing at Bellatrix before she kills her.

Snickers, I don't know that they've withheld the movie because of Twilight -- they just finished filming a few weeks ago and may have done reshoots of the 1st one while they were at it. IDK. But, they did show the DH trailer before Eclipse when I went.

I would think it would be the other way around and Summit wouldn't want to go up against HP. I can say without a doubt that if they came out the same night, DH & I would be in line to see HP, no question, and I love the Twilight saga.

November's going to be a great month--we're taking the kids to Disney and then a week later, DH comes out. Are we there yet???
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3961624;
    I'm embarrassed to say I've been squealing like a teeny bopper since this trailer came out. But I'm so excited; I can't wait!!

I was going to say I didn't care what they included but after thinking about it, that's wrong -- I hope they develop Hermione's relationship with Kreacher, I hope they redeem Snape and show his history, as well as why he had a doe as his patronus, I hope they make us sob as Harry walks into the forest with his parents and Sirius, and I hope they include Molly cursing at Bellatrix before she kills her.

Snip

November's going to be a great month--we're taking the kids to Disney and then a week later, DH comes out. Are we there yet???
    Are you going to DisneyLAND in California or Disney WORLD in Florida? If you're going to Florida, surely you're going to Universal to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!?!

Actually, this old Arizona grandma is headed to Universal Florida right after Labor Day (hoping that the crowds will be down when kids go back to school). Hubby and I have 3-day tickets. We plan to drown ourselves in butter beer and ride the rides and be kids again.

I'm with you on all the scenes I hope they include. I just re-read DH after the trailer came out. I've always thought that a good place to break the action of the films would be after Dobby is buried. Then they have the wedding, wandering in the woods, Malfoy Manor, Xenophilius Lovegood's house and Ron's leaving and returning all in the first movie. That will leave Gringott's, King's Crossing, and the battle of Hogwarts plenty of time in the second movie.

And if we decide to have a contest as to who is the biggest HP fan, I'll post a picture of my tattoo! LOL.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3961648;
    Are you going to DisneyLAND in California or Disney WORLD in Florida? If you're going to Florida, surely you're going to Universal to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!?!

Actually, this old Arizona grandma is headed to Universal Florida right after Labor Day (hoping that the crowds will be down when kids go back to school). Hubby and I have 3-day tickets. We plan to drown ourselves in butter beer and ride the rides and be kids again.

I'm with you on all the scenes I hope they include. I just re-read DH after the trailer came out. I've always thought that a good place to break the action of the films would be after Dobby is buried. Then they have the wedding, wandering in the woods, Malfoy Manor, Xenophilius Lovegood's house and Ron's leaving and returning all in the first movie. That will leave Gringott's, King's Crossing, and the battle of Hogwarts plenty of time in the second movie.

And if we decide to have a contest as to who is the biggest HP fan, I'll post a picture of my tattoo! LOL.
    And especially at the contrast between that line and your screen name, AZChristian---where I live there's a lot of PR about local Christians who want to basically ban the HP series as anti-Christian. We can bring you in as exhibit A on the other side and you can flash your tatoo! Although they might feel that helps make their point!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3961988;
    And especially at the contrast between that line and your screen name, AZChristian---where I live there's a lot of PR about local Christians who want to basically ban the HP series as anti-Christian. We can bring you in as exhibit A on the other side and you can flash your tatoo! Although they might feel that helps make their point!

I used to belong to a much more conservative denomination, and it makes me sad to think about how much they're missing out on by not reading the HP books. I am definitely a Christian, but not as hung up on unimportant stuff like tattoos as I used to be. By the way, one of the deepest theological books I've ever read was called "Finding God in Harry Potter" by a homeschooling father who insisted he had to read the books before he would allow his kids to read them. He planned to ban them from his household, but realized how very spiritual the concepts are.

I love it when I meet people who profess themselves to be "the biggest Harry Potter fan in the world." I flash my tat and say, "Oh, really?"

LOL.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3961648;

And if we decide to have a contest as to who is the biggest HP fan, I'll post a picture of my tattoo! LOL
    Aw, dang! I can't compete with that. My only tat is of Winnie the Pooh.

I think the split you mentioned sounds perfect. AH! I might just have to bring the book with me on vacation in a couple of weeks to reread.

I was definitely planning of visiting the WOHP in Orlando in Nov. but my BF, who lives in FL, told me she saw on the news a week or so ago that it was a 6-hour wait just to get into that part of the park! So she suggested waiting a year...not sure I can wait that long, so I'm going to wait and see when we get down there.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3962811;
    I was definitely planning of visiting the WOHP in Orlando in Nov. but my BF, who lives in FL, told me she saw on the news a week or so ago that it was a 6-hour wait just to get into that part of the park! So she suggested waiting a year...not sure I can wait that long, so I'm going to wait and see when we get down there.
    It might be crowded around Thanksgiving break, but I'm hoping that when the school kids are in session, the crowds will be manageable. The good thing about the long wait they talked about to get in is that they were limiting the number of people in that section of the park, so once you got in, you could actually SEE stuff.

I'm such a HP geek that I've even been to see the traveling HP Exhibition (currently in Toronto), and we spent 11 hours in England with a private tour driver who took us to all the places the movies were shot. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3961528;
    i just saw the trailer as well, will the second part really be in July 2011 or will they push it back if breaking dawn part 1 comes out :S
    IMDB is listing the release for Breaking Dawn Pt 1 as November 2011, so no conflict there. With the current schedules we will have:

Nov 2010 - Deathly Hallows Pt 1
    July 2011 - Deathly Hallows Pt 2
    Nov 2011 - Breaking Dawn Pt 1
    ??? 2012 - Breaking Dawn Pt 2

I was logged in to see the Deathly Hallows trailer about 5 minutes after it was posted online. But today, I got to see it full-sized on a movie screen.

Wow. Just. Wow.

We had our grandson (who is 21) with us to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice. When the trailer started for DH, I think I stopped breathing and did not commence again until the trailer was over. Grandson said that when he goes to see DH, he's not going to get anything to drink, because he doesn't want to take a chance of having to go to the restroom. He said, "I don't want to miss a minute!!!!"

Two months from today, we'll be in Orlando. Two months after that, DH1 will be released. Is 2010 a great year for HP fans, or what????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast