Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Premieres July 15, 2011.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Premieres July 15, 2011.
    Which, according to the countdown clock on my computer home page, is 68 days.

I'm such a Potterhead!!!

FORT Fogey

I am so excited! I haven't read the books but I know how it ends! I am trying to forget everything I know so I can be surprised on July 15!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I am so excited! I haven't read the books but I know how it ends! I am trying to forget everything I know so I can be surprised on July 15!

I will start on June 1st with my traditional re-reading of all the books in preparation for the movie. I saw the trailer that's out for the film, and I literally can hardly wait. I'll probably see it at least 4-5 times in the theater.

Just saw the 'final trailer' for the film on youtube. There were at least 4 scenes I saw, briefly, that made tears start to my eyes. My 10 year old daughter said she would hold my hand through the movie.

I'm not ready for this to end!! Am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Just saw the 'final trailer' for the film on youtube. There were at least 4 scenes I saw, briefly, that made tears start to my eyes. My 10 year old daughter said she would hold my hand through the movie.

I'm not ready for this to end!! Am I the only one?
    No you are absolutely not the only one. I watched the trailer at my computer at work about 4 times to catch as much as possible from it & had to keep mopping up my eyes so tears didn't start running down my face.
    I can't wait for the finale & at this point hope to travel 350 miles to see it in 3D at an IMAX (the closest one). Everyone I know thinks I'm bats to do such a thing.
    I have the same feeling I had while reading the book. I don't want it to end either. I want it to keep going on, but I knew even then the conclusion was inevitable. She wrapped it up definitably(is that a word?) & very well.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

No, you're not alone. I'm excited to see the finale but sad that it's "the finale".
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    No you are absolutely not the only one. I watched the trailer at my computer at work about 4 times to catch as much as possible from it & had to keep mopping up my eyes so tears didn't start running down my face.
    I can't wait for the finale & at this point hope to travel 350 miles to see it in 3D at an IMAX (the closest one). Everyone I know thinks I'm bats to do such a thing.
    I have the same feeling I had while reading the book. I don't want it to end either. I want it to keep going on, but I knew even then the conclusion was inevitable. She wrapped it up definitably(is that a word?) & very well.
    hing
    I'm glad that others are watching the trailers with tears, too. I feel like a silly old lady when I do that. And as far as "batty" things, here's what I'm doing:

- Going to see ALL of the 7 previous movies IN THE THEATER starting on July 11th at a local theater.
    - Seeing a double-feature of Deathly Hallows 1 AND 2, starting with DH1 at 9 on Thursday night, then followed by a midnight 3D showing of DH2.
    - Driving from Phoenix to Hollywood on 7/17 to see the movie in the beautiful classic theater - Graumann's Chinese. When we toured it a couple of years ago, it became my dream to see the last HP movie there (after visiting the footprints and wandprints in the courtyard out front).

So you Harry Potter FANatics have another member in your club!

I'm not ready for it to end, either, but I'm excited to see the film. I read each book in less than two days but with the last book, it took me almost a week to finish it. I couldn't bring myself to read it quickly and end it all.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Waiting for my friend to arrive. We're going out to breakfast, then . . . "We're off to see the Wizard!!!"

+ Reply to Thread