+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Kao

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4117825;
    Excuse my ignorance, AZChristian, but I thought IMAX and 3D were the same things? What does IMAX entail? Not a fan of 3D so I'm not sure if I'd like IMAX?
    IMAX is a HUGE screen that spans the entire wall with extremely crisp picture detail (kinda like Blueray on steriods).

CCL

Thanks Kao. I might have to check if it is playing in IMAX in my area.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;4117994;
    IMAX is a HUGE screen that spans the entire wall with extremely crisp picture detail (kinda like Blueray on steriods).
    And IMAX films are often in 3D, but not always. The first 12 minutes of Half-Blood Prince were in 3D at the IMAX, then we took off our glasses and the rest of the movie was just huge. And the sound system at IMAX is usually a lot better than a regular theater.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I live in a small town, so no IMAX for me to view it in. Bummer.
    Valar Morghulis

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

CCL, I haven't seen The Price of Milk but have been meaning to since I have heard it is really good! I am partial to the "older" Karl Urban than the younger one though. And Bones is my favourite character of his though Eomer is smokin. Anyways, a little off topic... so carry on.

I would love to see the second half movie in IMAX... but it would be a bit of a drive for me to catch it... my guess is IT will be amazing and not boring in the least.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What was with the little dance between Harry and Hermione? Something for the H/H shippers? It almost looked like Harry was going to make a move and she pulled away reluctantly... Followed by the hot nude kissing scene... Not that I minded either as I always thought H and H were a better match than she was with Ron...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;4109784;
    Also:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Harry sees Voldemort breaking open Dumbledore's tomb and taking the elder wand.
    Harry was there? I didn't see him....

CCL

^ Harry wasn't there for that part.
    As for the dance scene: Not really sure of the purpose. Maybe a bit of levity to break the tension/sadness of that period?
    I, for one, was glad that Harry and Hermione did not end up together. I never saw them that way.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

That was one thing that bugged...they were pressed for time to get important stuff included, and I felt like certain scenes were rushed as a result (like the time at Xenophelius' house) BUT they threw that dancing scene in when it wasn't even a part of the book? Gah.
    Valar Morghulis

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4121765;
    What was with the little dance between Harry and Hermione? Something for the H/H shippers? It almost looked like Harry was going to make a move and she pulled away reluctantly... Followed by the hot nude kissing scene... Not that I minded either as I always thought H and H were a better match than she was with Ron...
    That was so confusing as well and I thought the same thing as you. WTH was going on??

I'm on the fence with an H/H pairing. Could see them together but I love the thought of him having a best friend who was a girl who was someone he didn't want to snog. Besides, Ginny was in love with him forever and he deserves to have someone like that love him. I've always thought Hermione was too good for Ron.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread