+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

CCL

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4116124;

(We have a lighted doe and stag in our front yard for the Christmas season. Every time I see them lit up at night, I wave an imaginary wand and say "Expecto Patronum"! Yep, I'm over the top.)
    Nice.
    I find too many action scenes boring myself so I was okay that there were no huge fight scenes. There were definitely scenes of action however - the snake scene at Bathilda Bagshot's house; the flight from Harry's home at Privet Drive etc - so I wouldn't say the movie was completely without action.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I think the series will be better apprciated when the last movie is finally shown and Spike TV, TNT or TBS can rerun it in it entirety over long weekend holidays like they do Lord of the Rings and Star Wars sagas.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4116501;
    Nice.
    I find too many action scenes boring myself so I was okay that there were no huge fight scenes. There were definitely scenes of action however - the snake scene at Bathilda Bagshot's house; the flight from Harry's home at Privet Drive etc - so I wouldn't say the movie was completely without action.
    You should see those scenes in IMAX. Whoa!!!!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

FORT Newbie

First saw this at 'supaswap-films.com' have just seen the full version. Brilliant!!!!!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Oh, Sweetpea, you're killing me! Aragorn is my faaaaaavorite. Watching LOTR is a requirement every December in my house when it's on TNT, doesn't matter that we have the movies. I'm reading the Game of Thrones books and they remind me a lot of LOTR.

But anyway...I think the great thing about DH Part 1 is that you know it's all leading up to Part 2. After they're both out, I expect the first part will seem to go by faster when we watch them together. It was the same in the book each time I read it...the building of suspense, where it all leads to the final showdown. I can't wait! If my theater shows Part 1 before Part 2, I'm all over that.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4116882;
    Oh, Sweetpea, you're killing me! Aragorn is my faaaaaavorite. Watching LOTR is a requirement every December in my house when it's on TNT, doesn't matter that we have the movies. I'm reading the Game of Thrones books and they remind me a lot of LOTR.

But anyway...I think the great thing about DH Part 1 is that you know it's all leading up to Part 2. After they're both out, I expect the first part will seem to go by faster when we watch them together. It was the same in the book each time I read it...the building of suspense, where it all leads to the final showdown. I can't wait! If my theater shows Part 1 before Part 2, I'm all over that.
    Are you going to watch the series on HBO?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4117004;
    Are you going to watch the series on HBO?
    Can't wait for it to start!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Aragorn, smaragorn. Who gives a flip when Eomer is around? Now thas a man, darlings.

Bearcata, thanks for the heads up on this movie. I was thinking of waiting to get the dvd and then watch it JUST before the final installment comes out. I now think I will do that. And my husband can have the "pleasure" of taking the kids and I'll save a coupla bucks.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4117795;
    Aragorn, smaragorn. Who gives a flip when Eomer is around? Now thas a man, darlings.
    Says the girl with a Karl Urban avatar. Did you ever see him in Xena as Caesar or as a blond Cupid? My favourite movie of his is this odd little New Zealand Film called The Price of Milk.

Excuse my ignorance, AZChristian, but I thought IMAX and 3D were the same things? What does IMAX entail? Not a fan of 3D so I'm not sure if I'd like IMAX?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4116556;
    You should see those scenes in IMAX. Whoa!!!!
    Even though I knew it wasn't 3D, I STILL flinched back in my seat when Nagini came at the camera. With the IMAX being so huge and so realistic, my brain freaked!! (I also picked up my feet when the Horcrux sent the spiders after Ron, but that had nothing to do with IMAX and everything to do wtih spiders)
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread