+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Also:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Harry sees Voldemort breaking open Dumbledore's tomb and taking the elder wand.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm going to see it again on Monday morning at a theater with DBox seats (motion enhanced). A friend who saw it there last night said it was an awesome experience.

I'll also see it at the IMAX, and a couple of more times I'm sure. I saw Half-Blood Prince about 5 times in the theaters, and DH is SO much better than HBP was.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Saw it last night, I really enjoyed it.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The ending with poor Dobby being murdered made me cry so much even though I knew it was coming.

I just love seeing all the kids grown up. The Weasley twins have become quite handsome. Neville is so tall. Ron is pretty buff. And the actress they cast as Luna is simply perfect.

I'm can't wait for Part II. It's coming out next week, isn't it?

I just got home from seeing it. I liked it, but I have to admit to feeling a bit shocked and disappointed at least 3 times. First, that they didn't explain that the eyeball in Umbridge's door was Mad Eye's and Harry didn't steal it because he was so outraged. The time in the Ministry felt so rushed, they left a lot out. The second time was when they escaped from Godric's Hollow. Why didn't they show Voldemort rushing in through the door as they disapperated while falling out the window?? I felt like that was such a great scene, he was sooo close to catching them, and then they left it out?? Also, the scene at Xenophilias' house wasn't even close to the book and I felt it left out an important part
    Click to see Spoiler:
    them seeing the fake diadem of Rowena Ravenclaw that he was trying to create which provides a clue to the location of another horcrux
    I'm spoilering stuff that will come in the 2nd movie but I don't think we need to spoiler stuff from this film do we? Also, the scene at Malfoy Manor seemed rushed and not as suspenseful as the book. Ron just freaks out in the cellar while Hermione is being tortured, and they left out the scene where Peter hesitates when going to kill Harry. Finally, the scene with Dobby at the end was supposed to take place at night, and for some reason that bugged me that they made it during the day.

Also, it's one thing to leave stuff out, but why did they include that scene where they danced in the tent? I don't understand wasting time on that, which wasn't in the book, and then rushing other more important stuff.

The good thing is this movie covered practically two-thirds of the book, so if the next movie is the same length we should get more detailed scenes for the last part. Can't wait!!

I just got back from seeing this. I loved it. Not sure if I would consider it better than the last one, but it was good. There is a lot of stuff to fit in, so I agree with sweetpea that some parts did feel rushed (Malfoy Manor in particular, partly because I love Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix and the scene with Luna's father, although the Three Brothers story was done well I thought). Wish I could have seen it in IMAX, but the only one here in TN flooded and is still not repaired Hope it's back up and running in time for the last one.

Kao

Just got back from seeing it. The animation for "The Tale of the Three Brothers" was worth the price of admission alone. Fantastic movie overall, and while I had a few quibbles it didn't make me leave the theater MAD (like POA).

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;4111022;
    Just got back from seeing it. The animation for "The Tale of the Three Brothers" was worth the price of admission alone. Fantastic movie overall, and while I had a few quibbles it didn't make me leave the theater MAD (like POA).
    I cried three times during this movie and I'm not one who needs to bring tissues to the theater.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Regarding the DBox (motion sensitive) seats. Interesting concept, but they didn't add a lot to this particular movie. My favorite use of the strong vibration was the very last scene
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when Voldemore stole the elder wand from Dumbledore's grave and shot a stream of light into the air
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Kao

They just announced today that there's going to be at least 15 minutes of deleted scenes on the DVD when it's released. Hopefully it will include Krum's scenes at the wedding (which were shot and in the prescreener but didn't make the final version).

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;4113272;
    They just announced today that there's going to be at least 15 minutes of deleted scenes on the DVD when it's released. Hopefully it will include Krum's scenes at the wedding (which were shot and in the prescreener but didn't make the final version).
    I agree.
    I reread the book prior to seeing the movie which, if anything, was a bit of a disservice as I kept thinking "Why didn't they show that?" or "It didn't happen like that in the book." I did enjoy the movie overall however.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread