+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I too went to see Sorceror's Apprentice yesterday afternoon and saw the trailer for Deathly Hallows. It was an impressive trailer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

If you've friended "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1" on Facebook, you can see the new still pictures they posted today. At 6 Pacific Time today, they're going to release the new trailer.

We got to Orlando last week. Butter beer is great, pumpkin juice is great, the rides were great, Olllivander's Wand Shop was great, the conductor on the Hogwarts Express was great (and he loved my tat). I guess I'd rate the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as great!!!!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4067069;
    We got to Orlando last week. Butter beer is great, pumpkin juice is great, the rides were great, Olllivander's Wand Shop was great, the conductor on the Hogwarts Express was great (and he loved my tat). I guess I'd rate the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as great!!!!
    How were the crowds? I'm going in ten days (and nine days!)
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;4069126;
    How were the crowds? I'm going in ten days (and nine days!)
    Not too bad. Some helpful observations:
    • Go to Hogwarts Castle ("Forbidden Journey" ride) first thing in the morning.
    • Keep an eye on the line to Olllivanders Wand Shop. Early is better. And it's a lovely little presentation that's worth waiting a bit to see.
    • The frozen butterbeer is really good.
    • The food in the Three Broomsticks isn't terrific, but the atmosphere is fun and they have it well organized.
    • Be sure to listen for "Moaning Myrtle" in the restroom.
    • The small coaster is a VERY quick ride.
    • The Dueling Dragons coasters are fun - but FAST.
    • Try to NOT carry a backpack, large fanny pack or purse. You'll have to put them in a locker before the Dueling Dragons and Forbidden Journey rides, and there can be a bottleneck in the locker area. Pockets are your friend!
    • Be sure to keep your eyes open for the dancers and singers who alternate programs outside Hogwarts Castle. If you're a HP fan, you'll enjoy their presentations, and they're only about five minutes each.
    • WEAR A HAT AND SUNSCREEN!!!!

Hope you have as much fun as we did.

I am SOOOOOO TEMPTED!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4103775;
    I am SOOOOOO TEMPTED!
    Thanks for the link. I just looked and our theater is doing it!!! DH and I are 'discussing' it as I type this. I told him if he doesn't want to go, HE can watch the kids while I go. 'Course, I took the day off Friday so we can go while school is in session so it doesn't really matter. But I would love to see all the movies in the theaters again. What to do...what to do...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I just got our tickets for a tomorrow afternoon at 4:30. My son asked me if I was dressing up and I said that I was going as Monica Wilkins and I've always wanted to move to Australia.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Got our tickets for 9:30 tomorrow morning. Not sure how many will show up but as long as all the youngsters are in school, I don't care.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;4108895;
    I just got our tickets for a tomorrow afternoon at 4:30. My son asked me if I was dressing up and I said that I was going as Monica Wilkins and I've always wanted to move to Australia.
    Good one! I'm not a movie goer but a DVD watcher. I am so tempted this time. However the IMAX is 20 miles away and I'm even nervous about going to a regular show closer to home. I don't even know how to do the ticket thing. We'll see...maybe I'll get up some courage - after all it's not like I'll get killed, or worse, expelled.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;4108895;
    Ha!
    I think I will wait for it to die down a bit. I just started rereading Deathly Hallows actually so might want to complete it before going.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread