+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

CCL

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Six times -wow. I salute you, AZChristian.
    One of the American stations seems to be playing the older movies on Saturday nights. I think ABC. Last week was the first one and this week is Chamber of Secrets. I actually just saw all of them recently (the local theatre was playing them all in the runup to the finale), and have most of them on DVD but still found myself tuning in last week.
    AZChristian likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I have the first one in Spanish (on video from before DVD and language options) that I used to show to my Spanish classes. I bet I've seen that one (in Spanish) 30 times or more. The others I've only seen 4 or 5 times between theaters and when I had kids at home. I don't usually watch movies by myself at home.
    It occurs to me as I read comments about horocruxes and hallows that those 11th hour developments seem to be way beyond the comprehension level of the young kids who originally made the books popular.
    Count your blessings!

Finally saw it today. I hated part 1 as I thought it boring but I liked part 2. What I liked about it was that Harry didn't do it on his own, he various friends helped. Luv'ed the Severus Snape story arc. Very nice touch.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Received my DVD. I told myself before I slid it into the machine that if I want details, I should read the book. All right, then...I really liked the way they wove the whole thing together. I thought they might skimp on the final section, but they didn't and I cried just as much as when I read those scenes. No, it didn't play out exactly like the book, but Neville did end up with the sword, took a swipe and killed off the last of Voldemort's soul. What was interesting is what they added for Neville - his declaration that he was in love with Luna. That was not in the book, but readers have often wondered if they got together. I also like that they included enough of the epilogue to show Harry as a grown up sending his younger son off to Hogwarts. Now it is finished.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

J. K. Rowling said that Neville ended up marrying Hannah Abbott. But I thought he and Luna seemed to be a natural match. Did you watch the deleted scenes? I wish they'd left them all in!!!!

No I didn't. The movie was enough for one viewing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    J. K. Rowling said that Neville ended up marrying Hannah Abbott. But I thought he and Luna seemed to be a natural match. Did you watch the deleted scenes? I wish they'd left them all in!!!!
    They did ask her about having Neville have a crush on Luna in the movie and she agreed to it though you are correct that previously, after the last book was published, she said he went on to marry Hannah. Maybe he dated Luna for a while and it didn't work out. I always wanted Luna and Harry to end up together personally.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I love that he ended up as the Herbology professor at Hogwarts. Perfect!!!!

+ Reply to Thread