+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Saw this movie yesterday. Hadn't planned on seeing it but was on a "date" with hubby and must have read showtimes incorrectly. So we ended up seeing Harry Potter instead of what I had planned. It was playing in 3 theaters in the same cineplex so maybe that's why there was no line. It was in 3-D and altho interesting, I didn't feel it was necessary to enjoy it so you really don't need IMAX or 3-D.

I've never been a huge Harry Potter fan. Have enjoyed all the movies but just not that into them. But I must say, that this movie did an excellent job of tying up all the storylines. I tend to forget what all went on in previous films (in sequence) but this was executed wonderfully. Even forgetful-me was able to put all the pieces together. I'm glad it's the final movie because those kids sure did grow up!!
    I've seen it in 2D, 3D in our local theater, and 3D at Graumann's Chinese in Hollywood today. I could not believe what a difference there was in the 3D between the two theaters. I didn't think the 3D was that great at our local theater, but the experience at Graumann's was nothing short of amazing. I plan to see it in IMAX and a D-Box theater later this week.

Glad you agree that this film did a great job of tying up story lines. I loved every minute of it. Actually for me, that's been over 350 minutes so far. LOL.

Saw it in 2D today with the family. We all loved it. I cried my eyes out a couple of times. *sniff*
    Can't believe it's all over....

I saw it in 3-D but would have enjoyed it just as much in 2-D. I don't think this is spoiling anything, just my opinion, but I get bored when there are endless fighting/explosion scenes and the really poignant human interaction/responses are glossed over or not even portrayed. I would love to see a re-mixed version with more of the latter scenes which must have been shot, but ended up on the cutting room floor.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hagrid reacting to Harry dying, Fred's death, Harry returning after the final face-off with Voldemort, etc.
    Count your blessings!

I deliberately chose not to see it in 3D. We saw Pirates in 3D and honestly felt like the 3D was gratuitous and added nothing to the overall enjoyment of the story. You could totally see the parts of HP that were put in specifically for 3D. Sometimes I feel like it just takes away from what they could have done with the scene without the 3D needing to be added.

Plus the entire 3D thing seems to give me a headache. I just wanted to enjoy the story.

CCL

Yes, yes and more yes to Gutmutter's post. It was the shortest of the HP movies; they could have put in some more of those type scenes and made it a bit longer. Though I didn't mind the battle scenes myself and didn't think they went on too long.

I dislike 3D and purposefully chose to see it in 2D.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We saw it Friday afternoon in IMAX 3D and as others have said, the 3D wasn't that impressive but being completely surrounded by the film was! I was a little nostalgic sitting there, sad at the fact that I'll never feel the anticipation of watching the latest HP movie again, so I tried to soak up and remember all of my emotions as I was watching it that first time. They did a wonderful job with it and what a way to wrap up the series. I'll have to see it at least one more time before it leaves, I think. I'm hoping it'll still be in the theaters in 4 weeks, so I can watch it while the kids are in school!
    2boysmom and AZChristian like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Someone remind me how to do spoiler tags please? I tried and my test didn't work:

Click to see Spoiler:
    TEST SPOILER

What am I doing wrong? I wanna share my HP experience ...

Okay, I did the exact same thing yesterday and it didn't work. Here goes some, I'll post again when I remember more:

Click to see Spoiler:
    I did not like the lack of build up in Molly Weasley taking out Bellatrix. She should have been highlighted as she was in the book.

I also didn't like how they gave Ron and Hermione more time with the snake than Neville. The whole cast should have seen him take out Nagini as they did in the book. It's one of the things I was waiting for ... I LOVE NEVILLE!

I loved when Prof McG gave the go ahead to destroy the castle, and suggested asking Seamus for help since he has the most experience in blowing things up.

I cried my eyes out over Snape's death. I also cried over something else I can't remember.

I got chills when Professor McGonagil (sp) took over the castle and called out the knights to defend the school.

I didn't care for how they had Draco choose the other side before Harry revealed himself.

I didn't care for the 2 second wrap up, although it did seem like the book did it as well so I can't complain as much.

More later as I remember things ...
    Last edited by mom2; 07-19-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

It's working for me.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    We saw it Friday afternoon in IMAX 3D and as others have said, the 3D wasn't that impressive but being completely surrounded by the film was! I was a little nostalgic sitting there, sad at the fact that I'll never feel the anticipation of watching the latest HP movie again, so I tried to soak up and remember all of my emotions as I was watching it that first time. They did a wonderful job with it and what a way to wrap up the series. I'll have to see it at least one more time before it leaves, I think. I'm hoping it'll still be in the theaters in 4 weeks, so I can watch it while the kids are in school!
    I don't think you have to worry about HP leaving the theaters anytime soon, probably will still be running through Labor Day.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Shouldn't it be in stores by Christmas?? I'm hoping ...
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread