+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 138
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

  1. #91
    RENThead JLuvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Commuting for Work
    Posts
    6,254

    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Went to the midnight showing in IMAX 3D. Well worth the extra money. I thought that is was totally fantastic and a worth end to the series. Bring the hankies as unless you have a heart of stone you will cry at least once. so many things that I loved, but Neville, Snape and magonagal got the best story arc conclusions.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

  2. #92
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,528

    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Went to the midnight showing in IMAX 3D. Well worth the extra money. I thought that is was totally fantastic and a worth end to the series. Bring the hankies as unless you have a heart of stone you will cry at least once. so many things that I loved, but Neville, Snape and magonagal got the best story arc conclusions.
    I do not have a heart of stone, especially when it comes to the Potter series. I took a box of tissues and a plastic bag to use as a trash bag - thank goodness! Loved every minute of it. Going to see it again this afternoon with my hubby at a 3D theater. Also going to see it again on Monday morning at Graumann's in Hollywood. I've wanted to see a movie there ever doing a tour of the theater last year. Can't think of a bitter movie to see than this one!

  3. #93
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,528

    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I do not have a heart of stone, especially when it comes to the Potter series. I took a box of tissues and a plastic bag to use as a trash bag - thank goodness! Loved every minute of it. Going to see it again this afternoon with my hubby at a 3D theater. Also going to see it again on Monday morning at Graumann's in Hollywood. I've wanted to see a movie there ever doing a tour of the theater last year. Can't think of a bitter movie to see than this one!
    Correction: Of course, I mean BETTER in the last sentence above.

    Regarding 2D vs 3D. The regular 3D didn't add anything to my enjoyment of the movie, although it did lighten my wallet a bit more. Didn't hate it - just didn't love it, and the previews of upcoming movies in 3D were so intense they gave me a headache. Having said that, though, I will probably see HP at the IMAX this week. One feels so totally immersed in a movie in IMAX. And I love all things Potter.

  4. #94
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,686

    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    So I guess that it will be a good idea to next week to see the movie. It looks like the fanatics will have all the theaters tied up this weekend.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  5. #95
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,528

    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    So I guess that it will be a good idea to next week to see the movie. It looks like the fanatics will have all the theaters tied up this weekend.
    Hey! I resemble that remark!!!

    Actually neither of the theaters I went to was near full (one at 9:30 am, one at 4:30 pm on Friday); more like half to 2/3. I couldn't believe that folks in our area were lined up at 3:00 am on Thursday for the midnight special showing that would start 21 hours later. Even a fanatic like me should have more sense than to spend a full day outside in Arizona in July.

    Whenever you go see it . . . enjoy!

  6. #96
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,574

    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    I went today and there was a lineup outside the theatre (it was the first showing of the day). The actual theatre was only about half-full though. Mind you, it was playing on multiple screens and some may have opted for the 3D version which started a bit later.
    I did like the movie but there were a few occasions where I was all "No, that's not how that should happen" which drew me out of it. Maybe I was pickier because of the hype of it being the last one etc. I did feel a few scenes were too rushed particularly
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Molly's battle with Beatrix and the scene where Harry goes in and the Weasley's are mourning over the dead twin
    . There were good scenes such as
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the scene in the forest, Harry's 'coming back to life', Helena Bonham Carter's impersonation of Emma Watson as Hermione in the Gringotts scene
    . It was interesting that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the movie hinted at a Luna/Neville love in the offing considering Rowling never mentioned that, and, indeed, had them marrying other people. Though I've heard in the past that Rowling has to approve of any of the changes made in the film versions so she must have been okay with it. Maybe the liaison is meant to only be temporary. I wanted Luna and Neville to end up together so I was good with it. Actually, I wanted Luna and Harry to end up together but as it became apparent that was never going to happen, Luna and Neville became second choice.
    .
    mom2 and lark37 like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  7. #97
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,528

    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I went today and there was a lineup outside the theatre (it was the first showing of the day). The actual theatre was only about half-full though. Mind you, it was playing on multiple screens and some may have opted for the 3D version which started a bit later.
    I did like the movie but there were a few occasions where I was all "No, that's not how that should happen" which drew me out of it. Maybe I was pickier because of the hype of it being the last one etc. I did feel a few scenes were too rushed particularly
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Molly's battle with Beatrix and the scene where Harry goes in and the Weasley's are mourning over the dead twin
    . There were good scenes such as
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the scene in the forest, Harry's 'coming back to life', Helena Bonham Carter's impersonation of Emma Watson as Hermione in the Gringotts scene
    . It was interesting that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the movie hinted at a Luna/Neville love in the offing considering Rowling never mentioned that, and, indeed, had them marrying other people. Though I've heard in the past that Rowling has to approve of any of the changes made in the film versions so she must have been okay with it. Maybe the liaison is meant to only be temporary. I wanted Luna and Neville to end up together so I was good with it. Actually, I wanted Luna and Harry to end up together but as it became apparent that was never going to happen, Luna and Neville became second choice.
    .
    I don't disagree with any of your points.

    There were a lot of people going into our cineplex, but lots of them were going to see Winnie the Pooh.

  8. #98
    Christian,Mom,Teacher mom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Soonerland!!
    Posts
    4,522

    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Just curious how long we need to use the spoiler tags? Most of what I want to say must be in spoilers ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #99
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,686

    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Just curious how long we need to use the spoiler tags? Most of what I want to say must be in spoilers ...
    Many of us have not seen the movie and probably will go when the crowds die down in a couple of weeks. So, please, please keep the spoilers up. Thanks much.

    Oh, this movie is now the highest grossing movie ever. I think the figure is 92 million dollars opening night.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #100
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Saw this movie yesterday. Hadn't planned on seeing it but was on a "date" with hubby and must have read showtimes incorrectly. So we ended up seeing Harry Potter instead of what I had planned. It was playing in 3 theaters in the same cineplex so maybe that's why there was no line. It was in 3-D and altho interesting, I didn't feel it was necessary to enjoy it so you really don't need IMAX or 3-D.

    I've never been a huge Harry Potter fan. Have enjoyed all the movies but just not that into them. But I must say, that this movie did an excellent job of tying up all the storylines. I tend to forget what all went on in previous films (in sequence) but this was executed wonderfully. Even forgetful-me was able to put all the pieces together. I'm glad it's the final movie because those kids sure did grow up!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.