+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prince of Persia

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Prince of Persia

Going to see this tonight....despite some just scathing reviews. I'm hoping it is a good "popcorn" movie, and that the reviewers are just offended because it was inspired by a videogame. Is that worse than being inspired by an amusement park ride? (Pirates of the C.)
    Our local multiplex has devoted at least two theaters to it... you can see it every hour.
    PS Have to confess I'm a big Jake G. fan.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Prince of Persia

Reporting back in.... reached the standards of good popcorn... some parts were unintentionally (I think) funny, some parts funny... loved the Valley of the Slaves guy... Jake G. is as adorable as ever. The one criticism I saw that I agree with is that the jump cutting ruins the effect of the parkour, which is supposed to be a smooth flow. I suppose they had to do it to cut to a stunt double, even though JG supposedly did do at least some of his own parkour. But compared to the effect in that James Bond movie where I first saw it, nothing like as impressive.

Good clean fun. I laughed and enjoyed myself. I have seen Ironman 2, Shrek 4 and Prince of Persia. All good solid films. A good start to the summer 2010 movie season. Still haven't seen a real standout. However Jake G was easy on the eyes. At this point if Jerry Bruckheimer produces it I know I will get my monies worth and will not be disappointed.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I sawy this movie on the weekend also. The special effects were good... the plot was okay.
    A solid "B".
    I do agree with the criticism though, that they should have used more actors who LOOKED Persian.
    Also, they said "Persia" or "Persian" way too many times during the movie... it would be interesting to count.

+ Reply to Thread