+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robin Hood - 2010

Robin Hood - 2010

Interesting. I give Ripley Scott many kudos for using/tying in all the bits of legend about Robin Hood, The Hooded Man, The Green Man and of course King John and King Richard the Lion Hearted. The bits about the Magna Carta and Elinor of Aquitaine were a bit unexpected. The ending was was a surprise. The best part about the final battle scene are the Wild Boys riding their ponies and watching a reverse invasion of Normandy. Amazing how the French landing craft resented the landing craft of World War II.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: Robin Hood - 2010

I saw this movie on the weekend. It was definitely better than I expected. I did enjoy seeing all the shots of the English countryside.

I have loved every Robin Hood movie and book that I've seen/read. This one, however, I thought was a bit slow. It just seemed to drag. I even pulled my husband's arm over at one point to read his watch. I love Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett, too. So I'm not sure what was missing, but it just all seemed very draggy.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3905307;
    Interesting. I give Ripley Scott many kudos for using/tying in all the bits of legend about Robin Hood, The Hooded Man, The Green Man and of course King John and King Richard the Lion Hearted. The bits about the Magna Carta and Elinor of Aquitaine were a bit unexpected. The ending was was a surprise. The best part about the final battle scene are the Wild Boys riding their ponies and watching a reverse invasion of Normandy. Amazing how the French landing craft resented the landing craft of World War II.
    I meant resembled as in looked like.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3925211;
    I meant resembled as in looked like.
    , took me a while, but I did figure out that's what you meant!

+ Reply to Thread